GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Sorry, I’m a Cobb Protune fanboy, no sympathy for traitors :ROFLMAO:

I’d give you the $$ for a tune (buying your led tails) but alas, I too, am diverting the boost funds lol

I have the model that requires double tunes lol. Doing pretty good on my other venture tho so if I have to wait then no big deal

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I have the model that requires double tunes lol. Doing pretty good on my other venture tho so if I have to wait then no big deal
All in the game of life man. Best of luck

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Well.... since you're not gonna use it....

Lol I’d consider selling it to you. I don’t see myself installing it anytime soon.

I need to find it 🤔 not sure where it is.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I really like having a rear wiper, in the slop it really does help. As far as the a plug for the hole goes couldn't one be found at the hardware store?

Do they make a front wiper delete? :unsure:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I really like having a rear wiper, in the slop it really does help. As far as the a plug for the hole goes couldn't one be found at the hardware store?

Not much slop around these parts. No front wipers, so like Nascar? No driving in the rain

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

the ones people have done in past are not flush like the kits csumt wants

Euromeister

Passed Driver's Ed
I would love help diagnosing a windshield wiper issue I’ve been having for quite a while now.

As many are aware, the MK6 wipers have two positions: A “stored” position below the cowl and an “active” position where it’s slightly raised and visible from inside the car.

When my car is on and the wipers are “stored,” they will automatically raise up to the active position when I turn off the car. When the car is started, the wipers remain in the “active” position. If I press down on the stalk (for 1x), the wiper makes one motion and goes to the “stored” position. I’ve become accustomed to doing this every single time I start the car to get the wipers out of sight and into “stored.” The other problem is that the wipers are hitting the A-pillar. My forum search yields that this second issue can be adjusted fairly easily. However, given the strange movement of the wipers, I think there might be a larger problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I would love help diagnosing a windshield wiper issue I’ve been having for quite a while now.

As many are aware, the MK6 wipers have two positions: A “stored” position below the cowl and an “active” position where it’s slightly raised and visible from inside the car.

When my car is on and the wipers are “stored,” they will automatically raise up to the active position when I turn off the car. When the car is started, the wipers remain in the “active” position. If I press down on the stalk (for 1x), the wiper makes one motion and goes to the “stored” position. I’ve become accustomed to doing this every single time I start the car to get the wipers out of sight and into “stored.” The other problem is that the wipers are hitting the A-pillar. My forum search yields that this second issue can be adjusted fairly easily. However, given the strange movement of the wipers, I think there might be a larger problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Pop the hood, make sure they are in the "stored" position and then do the adjustment on the arms. I would bet that if they don't hit the pillar this may fix your problem. Shouldn't take but five minutes, just be careful taking the arms loose(don't use any prying tools.)

GolNat

Autocross Champion

If the wiper was removed and not put back correctly it could hit the A pillar and not go all the way down to the "stored" position. Remove the wiper arms and put them on where you want the wipers to be when in the stored position. Lots of wiggling and pulling to get them off.

gijoewoz

Go Kart Champion

These guys already have you on the right track. At some point, someone pulled the wipers off (maybe to make removing the soundaktor easy) but they didn't put them back on exactly where they should have. Before you go pulling them off, make a mark on the wiper, and the shaft spline so that you know where they line up now, that way you can adjust them to sit slightly lower. There are a lot of little splines on the shaft, and you'l only want to reinstall the wipers a couple of splines off from where they are now.

Euromeister

Passed Driver's Ed
If the wiper was removed and not put back correctly it could hit the A pillar and not go all the way down to the "stored" position. Remove the wiper arms and put them on where you want the wipers to be when in the stored position. Lots of wiggling and pulling to get them off.
These guys already have you on the right track. At some point, someone pulled the wipers off (maybe to make removing the soundaktor easy) but they didn't put them back on exactly where they should have. Before you go pulling them off, make a mark on the wiper, and the shaft spline so that you know where they line up now, that way you can adjust them to sit slightly lower. There are a lot of little splines on the shaft, and you'l only want to reinstall the wipers a couple of splines off from where they are now.

Thank you for the replies. I'm the original owner since new (2012) and I've had the windshield replaced once or twice before. They must have reinstalled the arms incorrectly.

I just successful readjusted the arms down a few splines and no longer have them hitting the A-pillar. I still have the first problem I listed, where the wipers move up an inch when I start the car. When I use them and return them to neutral, they go to the stored position. Turn the car off... they raise. This isn't normal right?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Thank you for the replies. I'm the original owner since new (2012) and I've had the windshield replaced once or twice before. They must have reinstalled the arms incorrectly.

I just successful readjusted the arms down a few splines and no longer have them hitting the A-pillar. I still have the first problem I listed, where the wipers move up an inch when I start the car. When I use them and return them to neutral, they go to the stored position. Turn the car off... they raise. This isn't normal right?

I just checked mine.. It does the same thing you're describing. 🤷‍♂️

GolNat

Autocross Champion

I never paid that much attention to know if that is normal. I'd have to check but that will be a while.

Wait so they come up when the cart is started. Do they go down if you turn the car off but don't use the wipers?