GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

OverseerMK6

What would be more bang for my buck? A COBB Access port or a vent boost gauge? All I want to do is monitor my boost.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
What would be more bang for my buck? A COBB Access port or a vent boost gauge? All I want to do is monitor my boost.
A boost gauge will give a much more accurate reading than an accessport as it reads the actual pressure from the manifold, not using a sensor. But with an accessport you get a tune with it.

OverseerMK6

A boost gauge will give a much more accurate reading than an accessport as it reads the actual pressure from the manifold, not using a sensor. But with an accessport you get a tune with it.
Info appreciated, I will now be getting a vent boost gauge.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
yes how would i go about engine swapping a 160cc honda lawn mower engine into my vehicle thank you
Swap not needed should fit in the trunk just fine. Car won't start without that driveshaft shown above. Install in center of drivers seat, make sure it is torqued to spec.

torga

Autocross Champion
Has anyone heard a thin, tinny rattling noise with each shift? (manual trans, engine off).
I noticed it as I parked at work, but it's raining this morning so I didn't really feel like getting wet to check this out.
My first thought is probably the heat shield for the shifter assy is slightly loose, as the sound is coming from underneath the cabin – not from the engine bay.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car started doing something weird when it's cold. I keep forgetting to watch the tach but I'll feel a bump maybe when shifting around 3rd gear at part throttle. Also was able to get it to do it when accelerating steadily with decent load. Felt a couple bumps like maybe a slight miss or dsg clutch. No warning lights or anything... seems to go away when warmed up. Didn't notice anything like this after I did the DSG service. Anyone encounter this or just manual swap?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
a bit low to be carbon, but possible i guess. possible with shitty gas and lots of short trips (<5 min) you could have carbon issues.

what's the story with your intake manifold? maybe its just the flap failure?

Shit gas crossed my mind, flap seems to be operating I just have the old version mani.