GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
thanks all

You don't need upgraded injectors or hpfp for a run of the mill k04 setup. Only fsi motors need that
the HPA Hybrid K04 would fall into that then, i think?

watchthisspace

This has probably been asked too many times over the years, but sparks plugs, are the OEM ones for the MK6 GTI:

06H-905-621-A or 06H-905-601-A

And is there a NGK replacement number? For OEM, they are looking $200NZD ( 130ish USD ) for 4 and was wondering if I can just get the NGK ones to save a little.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

jedred1

jedred1
I put in these plugs today. Torqued to 22ft. lb. and gaped to 0.032". I did use a smear of that copper paste. The tips of my old plugs where dry and had like gray fuzz on them. I noticed that plugs #2 & #3 had oil above the thread line. Not on the threads themselves. Hopefully not an issue. This would have been a 15min job but was about 30 due to talkative neighbors
These worked for me but I did re-gap to 0.028" as I am stage 2 APR tuned and I read I should

Last edited:

jedred1

jedred1
I've been planning on replacing my intercooler soon and have been thinking I should replace my horns while I'm at it. Have any of you tried these horns? Do you think they would throw a code?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Thanks guys! Have noted them down and will get to ordering soon. My 2010 is just ticked over 55,000k ( 34k miles? ) and getting ready for it's first big service.
I was tuned on stratified but had no issue with NGKs, just make sure they're the right heat range and gap, but it looks like jedred covered that. I'd say also check them about every year or so. Mine got eaten up and the gap opened a good amount over time to the point where I was misfiring. Pulled the plugs and the gap was way bigger. Tossed in new plugs and it felt like it just got tuned all over again. Also I know the miles are low, but i'd check the timing chain tensioner if you haven't already and replace it if it's the old one.

GolNat

Autocross Champion