GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

There is hope. BRZ STI

dsomegax

Ready to race!
Autoblog needs to get their shit together and stop posting retarded information to fuel the flames. The prototype to the STi car was unveiled at the 86 style event in Japan yesterday:

• This will be offered in Japan as a "complete car" in a similar fashion to STI versions of other models such as Forester, Legacy, and [one Americans are familiar with] WRX: http://www.sti.jp/product/previousmodel/index.html

• Unlike the current STI parts available for the BRZ, this package seems to add a front STI badge, STI chrome fender trim, GT wing, BBK, and journalist/photo leaks have shown prototype STI dampers by Bilstein.

• Spy shots when this was under development at the Nurburgring: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21113

• "STI is working on finalizing creation of the special version of BRZ, which would be unveiled in "some time" (secret). Turbocharger is NOT in the concept of this greatly balanced FR sports car, so we would concentrate our developments on suspension, handling, performance improvements and sports styling. The turbocharged version of BRZ will remain only in GT300 Championship."
-Hiroyuki Karamatsu, President of Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI)

Car's focus is to continue improving on handling and NOT power. No FI (as it should be).

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I wouldn't mind another NA engine,but with more ponies would be awesome this STI.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
I don't see them adding a turbo. I mean think about it if they did most people buying the wrx sti will just buy a brz sti. It would actually be a dumb marketing move to give it more power because then the obvious choice would be the brz over the wrx unless you HAVE to have a 4 door ( which is highly unlikely I am sure most people buying the WRX STI don't care about how many doors it has or how big the trunk space is ). I agree would be cool if it got fi and we can hope plans change and they decide to give it a turbocharger but I am sure it is unlikely.

CarEnthusiast

Passed Driver's Ed
"STI is working on finalizing creation of the special version of BRZ, which would be unveiled in "some time" (secret). Turbocharger is NOT in the concept of this greatly balanced FR sports car, so we would concentrate our developments on suspension, handling, performance improvements and sports styling. The turbocharged version of BRZ will remain only in GT300 Championship."
-Hiroyuki Karamatsu, President of Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI)"

This has been common knowledge since the cars release. And that is how it should be.

I agree this car needs more power, but I don't want to see it come with a turbo from the factory.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
just buy the BRZ, add all the suspension, exhaust, intake, and manifold goodies to the regular one for probably HALF the cost that the BRZ STI is going to cost...

THEN, call up a local engine tuning shop (one that does machine work) and have them bore and stroke the flat four out to bring up the displacement, add bigger injectors, custome tune, and a better clutch, and you should have a decent car and maybe get close to 300hp at the crank...

It may cost a grand or so more in the end, but you will have a car that has the power it should, AND it will still be an NA motor!

Merkle

Banned
Looks like the best bet for this car will still be the aftermarket.

Looks good with STI trim.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
Are you sure it's not just a regular BRZ with dress-up OEM STI cosmetic parts?

I lost my hope already. The company themselves stated MANY TIMES there won't be a force induction version.

There are plenty of easy bolt-on turbo and supercharger kit out there available for the car though. That car has a ALOT, I mean ALOTTTT of aftermarket parts.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Lame... If it was turbo ohhh snappers that would be tough to justify not getting it

manny2206

Ready to race!
I agree with the general feeling on the comments, the STI version will have more aggressive styling, suspension, and wheels. As for the HP I'm going to assume it will get a full exhaust, manifold, intake, throttle body, and a more aggressive tune. Very much like a civic type R I feel.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
So you guys realize this car with be a solid 35k+... It's already fairly pricy.