GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

throttle hang?

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Do you think maybe an injector is sticking? Have you tried some cleaner? I like Lucas.
i dont think an injector is sticking... mainly because the car is reading fuel consumption... the MPG in the MFA is just as accurate as it was when i was getting 28-34mpg. And the consumption value matches with the "feel", meaning i can physically feel the engine cut when it goes to zero or "-.--", and i can feel it hang when its still reading some value. Verified with deceleration readings, so its not just something in my head.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
How you describe it as the car is barley on throttle has happened to me occasionally. I have not felt it recently and I now have an intake flap error. I am also Uni K04 and I did re flash to stock and back to K04 file.
did the reflash change anything?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
did the reflash change anything?
Maybe. Either that or the intake runners finally faulting out. Idk when the CEL popped for the runner flaps because the CEL has been on for years due to an EVAP thing.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I would try a hard reset just to see if that changes anything. Unhook the battery for 10 minutes and drive it again.
hard reset didnt change anything... its getting annoying during rush hour, as in low gears, at low rpm it almost feels like i didnt even let off the throttle, the car keeps pushing for a few seconds before the fuel cuts and it slows down.

if its not a bad accelerator pedal, then its got to be something else making the ECU think its in idle mode and thus still supplying fuel. Even my mk3 shitbox knows how to cut fuel properly LOL