GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

throttle hang?

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
Do you think maybe an injector is sticking? Have you tried some cleaner? I like Lucas.
i dont think an injector is sticking... mainly because the car is reading fuel consumption... the MPG in the MFA is just as accurate as it was when i was getting 28-34mpg. And the consumption value matches with the "feel", meaning i can physically feel the engine cut when it goes to zero or "-.--", and i can feel it hang when its still reading some value. Verified with deceleration readings, so its not just something in my head.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
How you describe it as the car is barley on throttle has happened to me occasionally. I have not felt it recently and I now have an intake flap error. I am also Uni K04 and I did re flash to stock and back to K04 file.
did the reflash change anything?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
did the reflash change anything?
Maybe. Either that or the intake runners finally faulting out. Idk when the CEL popped for the runner flaps because the CEL has been on for years due to an EVAP thing.

zrickety

The Fixer
I would try a hard reset just to see if that changes anything. Unhook the battery for 10 minutes and drive it again.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
I would try a hard reset just to see if that changes anything. Unhook the battery for 10 minutes and drive it again.
hard reset didnt change anything... its getting annoying during rush hour, as in low gears, at low rpm it almost feels like i didnt even let off the throttle, the car keeps pushing for a few seconds before the fuel cuts and it slows down.

if its not a bad accelerator pedal, then its got to be something else making the ECU think its in idle mode and thus still supplying fuel. Even my mk3 shitbox knows how to cut fuel properly LOL

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
MKVs have bent throttle body blades Idk if is common but I believe the guy was K04, I Rember this issue from another forum . Your certain you don't have a vacuum/Boost leak on the intake manifold?

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
MKVs have bent throttle body blades Idk if is common but I believe the guy was K04, I Rember this issue from another forum . Your certain you don't have a vacuum/Boost leak on the intake manifold?
I havent done a smoke test, but if there is a leak, its not enough to affect my boost gauge. My idle is good so im doubtful.

I will def look into the TB blades

vwgrs

Curious if you were ever able to resolve this?

I have a Mk5 GLI (EA888 CBFA) with the same EXACT symptoms. The surging RPMs, feeling like fuel doesn't cut, jerking while pulling away from a stop. One time on the way to work, I was able to drive it without even touching the throttle, the RPM's just went up by themselves and I shifted the gears. I've been battling the issue for about a year now & have not seen any other posts with symptoms that are so close to what mine is doing. One time on the way back from a long road trip; the car jerked hard while pulling onto the highway, went into limp mode & started profusely smoking (White smoke) out the exhaust. I ended up going through an entire tank of gasoline in about 20 miles (Had no cell coverage & was alone so couldn't just pull over). After I was able to get it back, replaced a 02 sensor (Got scorched by the excess fuel) & drained the oil (Found tons of gasoline was mixed in) & it drove 100% fine for about a month before starting it started acting up again.

Started happening after I had the motor out:
Southbend Clutch Kit, billet rear main seal, billet transmission mount
Full timing kit (OEM)
Water Pump with Aluminum internals
IE Highflow Downpipe

In attempt to fix the problem I have replaced:
HPFP (OEM)
Coils & Plugs (OEM)
PCV (OEM)
Turbo Inlet Coupler (OEM)

Codes Thrown:
Throttle codes: P2101, P0638, P0221
Fuel Codes: P0172, P2293, P12A1
Misfire Codes: P0300, P0304, P0303, P0302, P0301 (All Cylinders Misfiring)
Other Codes: P0420 (Due to High Flow Cat), P0507 P0101 (MAF Codes?)

Compression test came back good. Also tested the injectors and it indicated no leaking. Most of the time when these issues start, it's a hot day (Over 90 def F); obviously this could be coincidental but wanted to see if you have experienced the same thing.

I'm thinking at this point it has to be an ECU or wiring issue. I have a parasitic Draw which I can't seem to fix & have gone through 3 Batteries as a result. Was also thinking it could be the VVT actuator or valve; Just a hunch due to the jerking at low rpm and touching the throttle a smidge felling like I was planting it to the floor. Currently pulled apart in my driveway for a walnut blasting (Valves are badly coated except for cylinder 4) & I need to decide what else I should replace while I'm in there. Starting with injectors, high pressure fuel pressure sensor, & MAF; But thinking I may replace the intake manifold as well.

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion