GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thumper's 2012 Stg 3 Golf R - The Defiant

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Great review, man. Bummer that you experienced a lot of dust, as I recall reading that lowered dust was a feature of these pads.

Did you see my "before" wheel picture a few posts back? LOL Those wheels were freshly plasti-dipped and put on the car after the brakes were installed, that is what they looked like after the 50 or so mile break in drive and one weekend at the track. Granted track use is heavy and will see more dust but I would still expect on a street car you'd be scrubbing your wheels once a month minimum with these. Best bet is to definitely apply a ceramic coat so you'd have the chance to use just a good spray and pressure washer every few weeks.

torga

Autocross Champion
Did you see my "before" wheel picture a few posts back? LOL Those wheels were freshly plasti-dipped and put on the car after the brakes were installed, that is what they looked like after the 50 or so mile break in drive and one weekend at the track. Granted track use is heavy and will see more dust but I would still expect on a street car you'd be scrubbing your wheels once a month minimum with these. Best bet is to definitely apply a ceramic coat so you'd have the chance to use just a good spray and pressure washer every few weeks.
To be fair, I'm pretty certain most pads dust quite heavily during initial break-in, even if they say "low dust". The last few pads I've broken in were always worse at first.