GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tiny plastic rods jammed inside EA888 Fuel Injector?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Today I was replacing the #3 fuel injector as it got stuck open and failed. After I pulled the #1 injector off the manifold since it stayed in I noticed a tiny ~1cm length black plastic rod wedged in the injector fuel inlet opening sticking out. I pulled it out of the injector. If I look inside I notice what looks like 2 other "rods" jammed in there still. I looked at the other fuel injectors and none of them have this in the opening including the brand new one I got. Weird thing is I replaced that #1 injector with a new one from the dealer 2 years ago and have had no issues at all running the car, and never threw codes for the number 1 cylinder. Anyone seen this before??? Its super bizarre I've been googling for answers but no results.

Last edited:

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Injector part number with the rods inside is 06H906036P. It looks like they are supposed to be there? Just wondering if its some sort of fuel limiter or something. Not sure if I can jam the loose one back inside and reinstall it.

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
I gently tapped the back of the injector the remaining 2 came out. All exact same size and length. Never seen this shit before its tripping me out lol. Not sure what do ? Jam them back in and reinstall? Leave them out?

BudgetPhoenix

Autocross Champion
Okay its gotta be part of the filter basket assembly in the injector after it broke apart..... and that was the newest injector. Found this pic after an hour of searching on The Injector Clinics Facebook page

Attachments

• 102373400_2606363929601988_7620001539133800448_n.jpg
    102373400_2606363929601988_7620001539133800448_n.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 63
  • ee.JPG
    ee.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 62

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Very surprised that no one commented on this. The plastic rods are the basket frames for the screen; they do/can come apart. You can have them cleaned out and replaced with the all-stainless screens; which have no plastic in the frame of the basket-screen. But you will need to find some shop who can sell you the correct ones and you must clean them all out...or have the shop service those for you.