GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Log Spreadsheet

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I have an excel sheet I use to track mileage and modifications, but wanted to see if anyone has already created a sheet to track tire usage if you have multiple sets of tires

Miles on car
Time on car
Position of specific tires (and how do you track this?)
Event type
Any other propertinentfo

I could create one, but figured why reinvent the wheel

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Over the years I have had all kinds of track related spread sheets. The most useful to me and by far the ones I reference the most are the very simplest. I can complete all my data to check lap time trends, tire wear and performance, mod value, etc., within a few minutes after an event.

I do about 10-12 track days per year and about 15K daily miles. I run square and rotate regularly, so tire position isn't relevent for me to keep track of. For tires I keep track of the number of track days with a very brief notation for extra long track time at a specific event, the track, and ambient temp. That's it. Then I measure wear by how many track days I get out of them. Of course on track I monitor pressures closely, but that's a different issue. I have found that with 8 or more track days per year the wear caused by steet-mileage/age/whatever is so far exceeded by track wear that it's of no use, so I don't monitor them. If you are running only a couple of days on track per year then maybe street mileage may come into play more.
I use a similar simple system for mods. I list date, cost split by parts/labor, and can easily cross reference to track times to see if it was worth it. That's it.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Over the years I have had all kinds of track related spread sheets. The most useful to me and by far the ones I reference the most are the very simplest. I can complete all my data to check lap time trends, tire wear and performance, mod value, etc., within a few minutes after an event.

I do about 10-12 track days per year and about 15K daily miles. I run square and rotate regularly, so tire position isn't relevent for me to keep track of. For tires I keep track of the number of track days with a very brief notation for extra long track time at a specific event, the track, and ambient temp. That's it. Then I measure wear by how many track days I get out of them. Of course on track I monitor pressures closely, but that's a different issue. I have found that with 8 or more track days per year the wear caused by steet-mileage/age/whatever is so far exceeded by track wear that it's of no use, so I don't monitor them. If you are running only a couple of days on track per year then maybe street mileage may come into play more.
I use a similar simple system for mods. I list date, cost split by parts/labor, and can easily cross reference to track times to see if it was worth it. That's it.

Lots of good info there. I guess with time I'll figure out what info is useful to me.
Do you happen to have a spreadsheet you can share

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
Lots of good info there. I guess with time I'll figure out what info is useful to me.
Do you happen to have a spreadsheet you can share
The data is now so simple I just use paper. I was going to attach a photo, but it looked like chicken scratch. I have these going back 4 years now. Of course I also track performance, but that is tracked differently. I can cross reference to my own lap time sheets (also dead simple) and Harry's lap lists to see how they performed plus direct feedback on track through the day.

As far as my "spreadsheet", for tires and brakes longevity I have 4 columns Date & Track, Tires, Brakes, Notes
I fill in the Date & Track row for each event. I fill in "Tires" or "Brakes" only when I change them noting the brand and model and location if not replacing all 4. "Notes" includes ambient temps if way off of average, and recenntly started adding number of laps for the event (from Harry's). I asked myself, what else do I need to make a tire or brake longevity decision? I could add rotor/pad measurements, tread depth, mileage, but so what? When they're done, they're done. For longevity I simply want to track how many track days I get out of them.

Maybe too little info for some, but for me it works.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
The data is now so simple I just use paper. I was going to attach a photo, but it looked like chicken scratch. I have these going back 4 years now. Of course I also track performance, but that is tracked differently. I can cross reference to my own lap time sheets (also dead simple) and Harry's lap lists to see how they performed plus direct feedback on track through the day.

As far as my "spreadsheet", for tires and brakes longevity I have 4 columns Date & Track, Tires, Brakes, Notes
I fill in the Date & Track row for each event. I fill in "Tires" or "Brakes" only when I change them noting the brand and model and location if not replacing all 4. "Notes" includes ambient temps if way off of average, and recenntly started adding number of laps for the event (from Harry's). I asked myself, what else do I need to make a tire or brake longevity decision? I could add rotor/pad measurements, tread depth, mileage, but so what? When they're done, they're done. For longevity I simply want to track how many track days I get out of them.

Maybe too little info for some, but for me it works.

That helps.

I started with this so far as I mainly want to see how many miles. I also have each wheel marked so I can see which position it's in. I will add the venue. Nothing really performance related yet as I'm not at that level.

Screenshot_20210724-201836_WPS Office.jpg

bfury5

Autocross Champion
At some point I was tracking my autox tire usage, but after doing the math on cost / run I immediately decided to no longer track it to keep my sanity