GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tire Shine products?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
What do you all use for tire shine? I have been looking for a good one for a while now but have had bad luck in the past with dry rot induced in part by the products i used.

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
I use 303 on occasion for the tires but routinely for all the exterior rubber trim and top of dash. I’m satisfied with the results. :)

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
I've never heard of tire rot due to dressings but I can imagine it would happen.

I usually do it for the opposite reason, UV protection is an aspect of many of the coatings.

I think I'm the only one in my group of friends who likes a slick tire but I've used all sorts of them and my current go-to is the Griots Garage tire dressing offerings. I have the aerosol can because it was free but I plan on getting the gel version next to test.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
I use Griots tire dressing. Not super slick looking, but you can apply more if that’s your cup of tea. It’s water based so it shouldn’t induce dry rot.

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I use chemical guys silk shine. Leaves a nice satin finish. Subtle, not like the glossy wet look dressings.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I really don't like shiny tires. I use 303 or Adams VRT they leave a nice satin finish that looks like new.

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
in for deets.

I used to use one from CDN tire...can't remember the name now but it had a foam applicator and a nice thick goo that didn't leave too much shine. I've found though with a white car it doesn't matter how much I scrub the tire, let the tire compound on to dry in the sun i still got 'flick' marks on the fender & door.. so i stopped using and just wash the brake dust off the tire. meh..
good enough for me i guess.

Verserk-MK6

Ready to race!
No Tire Shine(spray) Just use Tire Gel. You can try some of mine if you like. i got a new job so more time to meet up

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
303 is good - they have a new product specifically for tires - I don't find it any better than there general protectant - its cheap though like 12 bucks. I would just by a gallon of the regular protectant and just use that though.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Tuf Shine Tire Clearcoat.

There is nothing better. Period. It looks fantasic; lasts forever (they even look good after driving in rain); and there is zero sling.

It's a little on the pricey side, but it's without a doubt, the best stuff to use.

Last edited: