GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To DSG or not to DSG…?

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Wasn't there a 1 guy 1 cup too or am I just thinking of 2 girls? I think 1 guy 1 cup was worse if I'm remembering right.
6ef6342116aa545180254b034f6e292c.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Wasn't there a 1 guy 1 cup too or am I just thinking of 2 girls? I think 1 guy 1 cup was worse if I'm remembering right.

In the days of the mighty streetracing.org there was a video floating around called “ep_sample”. Makes all the new crap seem mild. I used to show it to people as a “can you keep your lunch down challenge”.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Me too. In uni, I dated this Italian chick that had a pee fetish. Her parents were always out on Saturday nights so she'd get me to come over, make me dress like Harry Potter (glasses, wand, cape, the whole bit) and drink a pile of water for like an hour or so. And then when I couldn't hold it anymore, we'd go in the shower, again dressed as Harry Potter, and I'd pee all over her. She loved it. Good times. I drove a CRX with a B16a swap at that time. So I'd piss, fuck and hit VTEC on my way out. The good ole days.
What a time to be alive.

MeatHammer

Welp, my first post on this forum and I'm about to get picked apart for it.
I am currently in the process of selling my 2019 Civic Type R to Carvana. I've already put a deposit down on a Lapiz Blue 2022 Golf R DSG. It will be only my second automatic out of over 20 cars owned.

For context my wife drives a FBO UM tuned 2017 6MT Golf R with MPI. SB stage 3 daily in it, since week 2 of ownership (week 1 was the UM tune). When comparing the two 6spds next to each other you see just how bad the VW manual is (a DG shifter has already been installed). She's even eyeing a CAE shifter.

Point is I could not imagine spending $40k on a car that has a manual that feels like it belongs in a truck, so I personally chose the DSG.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I am currently in the process of selling my 2019 Civic Type R to Carvana. I've already put a deposit down on a Lapiz Blue 2022 Golf R DSG. It will be only my second automatic out of over 20 cars owned.

For context my wife drives a FBO UM tuned 2017 6MT Golf R with MPI. SB stage 3 daily in it, since week 2 of ownership (week 1 was the UM tune). When comparing the two 6spds next to each other you see just how bad the VW manual is (a DG shifter has already been installed). She's even eyeing a CAE shifter.

Point is I could not imagine spending $40k on a car that has a manual that feels like it belongs in a truck, so I personally chose the DSG.

For what the mk8 R will be, I’d be hard pressed to do a 6MT on it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion

Grats dude