GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

torga

Autocross Champion
Fun news, I got a VERY good deal set of OEM LED tail lights! Can't wait for them to arrive!

Just to give you an idea, here is my grille with the top black and bottom silver, similar to the Mk7 R.
Nice! I get that the red stripes are iconic, but the front end looks so much better with a blacked out grille, in my opinion. I think I'll try that on my spare grille soon.

torga

Autocross Champion
I got my Euro tails installed over the weekend as well as codes out the bulb error. These really are the missing piece!! Totally transforms the look of the car.

I also replaced my apparently OEM fuel filter with a brand new Mann unit. Install was too easy.

m0j0jojo

Passed Driver's Ed
MAINTENANCE/PROGRESS LOG
2019/05/15
- Performed the "Voodoo Reset" and I'm fairly sure this fixed my clutch chatter (on 1st) and overall throttle jerkiness at low speeds.

What is this "Voodoo Reset" I am also have jerkiness in first gear at low speeds.

torga

Autocross Champion

torga

Autocross Champion
Getting ready for my first road trip with this car. Longest I've been on the highway at cruising speeds was about an hour and it felt smooth and quiet. About to make a 6.5 hour drive tomorrow.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Getting ready for my first road trip with this car. Longest I've been on the highway at cruising speeds was about an hour and it felt smooth and quiet. About to make a 6.5 hour drive tomorrow.

Safe travels! I have not taken mine for more then 1.5 hours but have a 6+ hour trip planned in August that I am excited to take the car on. It should be a great ride for you!

torga

Autocross Champion
Safe travels! I have not taken mine for more then 1.5 hours but have a 6+ hour trip planned in August that I am excited to take the car on. It should be a great ride for you!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to see the kind of gas efficiency I end up with; I've been getting ~28mpg city lately.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Thanks! I'm looking forward to see the kind of gas efficiency I end up with; I've been getting ~28mpg city lately.

28 is great in the city imo, is it not?
I get about 30 on the highway but have seen it up to 36 cruising at 70mph but I doubt that's accurate..
Longest trip I took my car on was 3.5 hours and rms started pouring oil :(
Ready to take another trip once new motor has proven itself, 800 miles on it thus far.
Safe travels!!

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I got my Euro tails installed over the weekend as well as codes out the bulb error. These really are the missing piece!! Totally transforms the look of the car.

I also replaced my apparently OEM fuel filter with a brand new Mann unit. Install was too easy.

That booty looks good! I have seen your review of the exhaust you have (cant recall brand) but I looked them up and they are local to me. I will likely pick me a set of pipes up from them. I love the dual canisters, looks sinister imo.

torga

Autocross Champion
That booty looks good! I have seen your review of the exhaust you have (cant recall brand) but I looked them up and they are local to me. I will likely pick me a set of pipes up from them. I love the dual canisters, looks sinister imo.
Thanks, man! The exhaust is Beluga Racing. And I think the dual canisters look great, too. I always loved the look of dual canisters exhausts for the MkII MR-2, so that's what I think of.

But yeah, I think 28mpg city is pretty damn good. On the first part of my drive today, I got 27.5, but that was all uphill, about a 3,000ft climb. After that it was pretty level and I got like 34mpg.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Thanks, man! The exhaust is Beluga Racing. And I think the dual canisters look great, too. I always loved the look of dual canisters exhausts for the MkII MR-2, so that's what I think of.

But yeah, I think 28mpg city is pretty damn good. On the first part of my drive today, I got 27.5, but that was all uphill, about a 3,000ft climb. After that it was pretty level and I got like 34mpg.

Where did you head to if you dont mind my asking? I see your from NM and I would be headed to Colorado! I'm going to hike rocky mountain national park at the end of this month. Gonna be sweet!
Reading you went all uphill I am going to say Colorado!
Yes, the Mister 2's (what I called them) are badass. I remember years ago when they were pretty new. I took my ac vw to get dynoed and the shops main business revolved around tuning/building them. Awesome little cars. Come to think of it I probably never owned one because I have 4 sons. Hahaaha

torga

Autocross Champion
I went up to Denver, so you're correct! I stopped in CO Springs to hike around Garden of the Gods on the way up.
My buddy had an MR-2 for a while and they are so much fun to drive; it truly feels like a go kart.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
I went up to Denver, so you're correct! I stopped in CO Springs to hike around Garden of the Gods on the way up.
My buddy had an MR-2 for a while and they are so much fun to drive; it truly feels like a go kart.

Last time I was in Colorado springs I stopped in to Maggie's farm, it really is a beautiful town!
Have you heard of a town by the name of floursent?(sp?)
Has a strange spelling but there is a BADASS cliff jump/swimming hole that is hidden. It's about 1 mile hike off the little 2 lane road. If your into adventure it would be a good destination for you, note: the water is ice cold! Here's a vid from when we went it's called paradise springs..
https://youtu.be/KKjOk0gKujs

torga

Autocross Champion
Last time I was in Colorado springs I stopped in to Maggie's farm, it really is a beautiful town!
Have you heard of a town by the name of floursent?(sp?)
Has a strange spelling but there is a BADASS cliff jump/swimming hole that is hidden. It's about 1 mile hike off the little 2 lane road. If your into adventure it would be a good destination for you, note: the water is ice cold! Here's a vid from when we went it's called paradise springs..
https://youtu.be/KKjOk0gKujs

That swimming hole looks like a fun time! I'll have to check it out next time I'm in CO.