GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torque

Henry1

Hi most people on here seem to rave a lot about torque but i am most disapointed with my cr 140 done 18000 miles ,Before i had a 140 pd which had really good torque from low down and really flew,The cr dont seem to go much untill i reach 1800 to 2000 revs then it goes well,Do you think i have a problem ,Thank you

McQueen77

Banned
That is quite a sentence my friend.

Poltergeist

Ready to race!
you don't have a problem because you 140 pd of torque only starts to come out when the RPM is about 1800 (when turbo starts too spool). That's how this engine engine works. It's impossible to produce constant torque thru out the whole range of RPM for any engine.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
just mod it.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12721
i think they might make an exhaust for the tdi also.

garag7

Ready to race!
its gonna need a lil more than air intake to help with performance, if you don't care about the warranty reflash your ecu and you'll get the response you want.
^ yes...he should go up stage1 at least, and the exhaust is also a good deal. The stock intake is the same that MKV GTi stock intake so it's good for 200bph around.

ick

Ready to race!
Intakes are a waste of money with a TDI. The stock box is very good, claims of 10bhp additional are nothing more than that... claims. This has been discussed in some detail on the more diesel oriented forums. If you have a 2011 TDI and are in the US, forget about a tune because most of the major players have yet to produce one. It may be different in Europe but I've had very little luck with the major players in the US... APR & Revo. Malone Tuning in Canada may be able to do it but you'de have to send your ECU out to have it done.

grmncrsnbr1

APR will have one out soon and Unitronic has one in the US. Revo has one but for some reason doesnt have it for sale in the US.

garag7

Ready to race!

grmncrsnbr1

APR's chip isnt for the US' CR version of the engine. Revo has one for the CR but hasnt released it in the states

ick

Ready to race!

It has to do with cracking the security codes on the US version ECUs I am fairly certain after my email discussions with APR, Revo and GIAC.

BathMK6

REVO has a US tune for the 2010+ TDI's. I have a 2011 and have been running the Stage 1, Performance level 1 tune since March.

The new ECU's do need to be "unlocked". I *BELIEVE* that REVO is the only tuner that has dealers that can flash ECU's in the shop without sending the ECU's out. Although not all REVO dealers have the equipment to do this, it shouldnt be that difficult to find one that does.