GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Trance/House/Techno/Dubstep/Drum N bass/ ETC Thread

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man!

I'll be doing Episode 5 this week. I just got back from vacation so i'm getting a massively late start on compiling the tracks for this weeks episode. Hopefully I'll be able to release it on Wednesday as usual. We'll see.

fr4c

Ready to race!
You should increase the volume, the sets are kind of quite and it scares the bejeezus out of me when the set finishes and plays the next track on x90000 volume.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
I don't always listen to this stuff, but when I do I...

Long thread, I'm going to have to take the time to go through it :)

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
yeah I was "mastering" the mixes together pretty bad before but Episode 5 is on point. (even look at the waveform on soundcloud) iTunes might fuck it up because they lower the sound quality from 320kbs to 128kbs MP3.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Hey I'm soliciting your feedback. Here is a work in progress track, criticism very welcome. I've never really opened up or threw it up halfway through before so this is a first...I'm going for a "deeper" sound, kind of like the last couple links I posted to youtube. The bassline will pop after compression, I promise. Right now its not bad but it doesn't reach into your stomach and pulsate it at 130bpm if you know what I mean. Transitions are nonexistent at this point too so its kinda choppy.

http://soundcloud.com/rockchops/give-me-feedback-wip-broodwar

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
^ starts off like some good tiesto shit, I like it. I could tell you what to change but dont feel like figuring it out and comparing to other songs right now XD but nice stuff, What did you use?

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! There's a long way to go with this track just refining it but I figured I'd put it up part way through and see what happens. I use FL studio almost exclusively for my original work and most remixes. I've been using it since version 1.5 came out and it was a .wav based sequencer with two plugins...a TS404 and 3 OSC generator :eek:

Djmikeyd

Go Kart Champion
Yea i used to try to use fl studio. Its soooo complicated. Same with ableton. Then agian I didnt have alot of plugins because it was cracked software XP

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Yea i used to try to use fl studio. Its soooo complicated. Same with ableton. Then agian I didnt have alot of plugins because it was cracked software XP

Yeah FL is tough to learn now but once you do it is extremely powerful. Ableton is the same way, I use that for all of my long track mixes (I haven't posted them on here since they're not pro...just mixes I load to my USB for long drives). If I hadn't jumped on in like 2002 (it was FruityLoops back then :thumbsup:) I'd be completely lost with FL. A lot of it is conceptual too, just knowing how automation works and as a function of time/beat, compression thresholds ratios, etc is priceless. I tried teaching my buddy who bought a macbook pro for Garageband (wtf...wish I had that money) all this stuff and hes just lost. There are a lot of really good free VST plugins and also pirated ones if you have (not too) secret sources...but of course being on a public forum I DEFINITELY advise against that. Things have come a long way in 10 years, now my limiting factor is my PC. I built it about 5 years ago and its just maxxing out immediately with these gazillion-track-generators and extremely complex plugins. Just don't have the money to replace it but I am managing for the time being. Thanks for listening at least, appreciate it.

09vdubgti

Banned
Thanks! There's a long way to go with this track just refining it but I figured I'd put it up part way through and see what happens. I use FL studio almost exclusively for my original work and most remixes. I've been using it since version 1.5 came out and it was a .wav based sequencer with two plugins...a TS404 and 3 OSC generator :eek:

one of my favorite artist in edm maor levi uses FL for his songs....very good program. mostly you always hear people say the use reason, or logic...very few mention fl..