GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

transmission upshift

darmawaa

Passed Driver's Ed
In S mode, my DSG upshift at 3000-3500rpm, is the any mod I can do to make it upshift around 2000-2500rpm?
If I put in the D mode, it upshift very early, sometimes around 1500rpm.
I want to have engine rpm range around 2000rpm when coasting (1500rpm no boost, 3000rpm too much engine brake/ fuel consumption)

gtiTom

The Average Asian
Car(s)
VW MK5 GTI
just give it more gas. It'll shift later because of it.

darmawaa

Passed Driver's Ed
Under light load mine also shift at 2000rpm, but when coasting (no load) it upshift at 1500rpm, so when I accelerate there is a lag from 1500 to 2000rpm when the boost is built.
So I need to kickdown to avoid turbo lag. For racing it doesn't matter but for normal city driving I don't want to do a lot of kickdown.

sparkstack

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 .:R32
Just use the paddles in M/T mode :biggrin:
I was just thinking the same thing.

S mode is called S mode for a reason and it generally holds onto each gear until redline, unless you are very light on the throttle. If you don't want to "drive like your hair is on fire" use the paddles provided and shift it yourself.

PhillyB

Faster Than You
Car(s)
97 GTI
there is also the option of a manual trans. shift when you want, no computer deciding for you:biggrin:
________
BABE MASTURBATING

Last edited:

HipMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 CW GTI
:biggrin: ^^^

sonomamkvdsg

7 time F1 Champ
Car(s)
2006 MKV DSG TR
Thats funny my transmission always seems to shift at or near 6800 rpm's. It doesn't matter if I am in D or S.

DSG_MASTER

DSG!!Manstyle!!
Car(s)
GTI MKVI
Drive it hard for some time. DSG will learn how you drive so when your in D it will shift at higher RPM. BTW, :laughabove:

PhillyB

Faster Than You
Car(s)
97 GTI
I wondered how long it would take for the luddites to show up... :rolleyes:

i would normally have a response for something like that, but i honestly have no idea what it means :iono:

you win this round
________
Ass French

Last edited:

damo

Oval Newbie
In S mode, my DSG upshift at 3000-3500rpm, is the any mod I can do to make it upshift around 2000-2500rpm?
If I put in the D mode, it upshift very early, sometimes around 1500rpm.
I want to have engine rpm range around 2000rpm when coasting (1500rpm no boost, 3000rpm too much engine brake/ fuel consumption)
Its all to do with throttle pressure if you want it to change later push harder or use manual then you cant complain:smile:

Last edited: