GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSB# 2018652/2

flight1us

Ready to race!
I've seen like maybe 2 posts about this, but for anyone who has done the the
throttle body wiring splicing.. did you replace all 6 wires or just replace 3 wires?

flight1us

Ready to race!
........wow

flight1us

Ready to race!
Thanks anyways guys i'll look elsewhere

zrickety

The Fixer
Have you looked on vwvortex? I don't know anyone that has done this...saw like one thread about it a long time ago. I would only replace the one harness if you need to. Are you having throttle issues?

flight1us

Ready to race!
Have you looked on vwvortex? I don't know anyone that has done this...saw like one thread about it a long time ago. I would only replace the one harness if you need to. Are you having throttle issues?

Yes major issues followed the TSBs and its still throwing codes.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Yes major issues followed the TSBs and its still throwing codes.

I worked on one like this years ago... I don't remember the exact details but it had some wires spliced into the throttle. It had been at another dealer and the customer brought it to Mercedes. We replaced the entire engine harness and never saw the car again.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I did this.

You're completely replacing the plug on the wiring harness that connects to the throttle body. So every wire that goes into the old plug needs to be cut and attached to the new plug. If you buy the yellow VW/Audi repair wires I believe there will be a terminal which "clicks" into the new plug on each end of the wire, so you only need to buy three wires and essentially cut them in two for a total of six wires.

flight1us

Ready to race!
I did this.

You're completely replacing the plug on the wiring harness that connects to the throttle body. So every wire that goes into the old plug needs to be cut and attached to the new plug. If you buy the yellow VW/Audi repair wires I believe there will be a terminal which "clicks" into the new plug on each end of the wire, so you only need to buy three wires and essentially cut them in two for a total of six wires.

I attempted it myself, but it still had the issue with EPC light.