GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune Options

MK6Mountaineer

Hi Everyone, heres a quick rundown of what I know is on the car (that would be potentially a factor for tuning)

2013 MK6 GTI 2.0T

K04 Turbo Kit
APR Intake
Revised Intake Manifold
Cobb 3in Catback Exhaust #5V1100

Currently my car has an APR tune on it. I want to buy a high flow cat downpipe and a Cobb Accessport to do an etune.

What tunes should I check out that are compatible with the Cobb AP v3 and a K04? Thanks

93serprise

Ready to race!
I would recommend going with a Stratified Protune from Alex and his crew. They will be able to provide a custom tune with different revisions to tailor the powerband and smoothness to your liking. I started with an Apr K04 tune, then went to a Unitronic tune and have been using a Stratified tune for awhile now. The blend of smoothness at lower speeds/Rpms and the pull at higher is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GolNat

Autocross Champion
If you want to run Ethanol blends I think that limits your options.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Hi Everyone, heres a quick rundown of what I know is on the car (that would be potentially a factor for tuning)

2013 MK6 GTI 2.0T

K04 Turbo Kit
APR Intake
Revised Intake Manifold

Currently my car has an APR tune on it. I want to buy a high flow cat downpipe and a Cobb Accessport to do an etune.

What tunes should I check out that are compatible with the Cobb AP v3 and a K04? Thanks

Funny your asking since you already have a tune. However, smart move! I too would get off APR if I had the money to switch.

flight1us

Ready to race!

2013 MK6 GTI 2.0T

K04 Turbo Kit
APR Intake
Revised Intake Manifold

APR is pretty good so long as you don't mind visiting your tuner when new files are available, versus for example Eurodyne, Integrated Engineering, Unitronic, or Even GIAC where you can do the flashes from the comfort of your drive/garage.

Im in the same boat looking for tuner choices, current candidates are Unitronic, Intergrated Engineering or EuroDyne

flight1us

Ready to race!
Waiting on Black Friday

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
APR is pretty good so long as you don't mind visiting your tuner when new files are available, versus for example Eurodyne, Integrated Engineering, Unitronic, or Even GIAC where you can do the flashes from the comfort of your drive/garage.

Im in the same boat looking for tuner choices, current candidates are Unitronic, Intergrated Engineering or EuroDyne

I'd recommend either Unitronic or IE.

Unitronic I'd go off of based on reviews and knowing someone that's had it for a few years with no problems. Seems pretty reliable and he's never had complaints of how the car drives.

IE, I'm biased having their K04 and Intake, but their customer service is fantastic and the reviews thus far have been positive for their tune.

I'm just aware that Unitronic has had their tune around longer than IE so there is more history to go along with it and for the most part I've only heard positive feedback on it. :thumbup:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I have used Unitronic customer service and they were excellent. Got my computer issue resolved so I could flash the tune. I went with them because of how long they have been around but IE seems to know what they are doing.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Does IE give a discount on their stage 2 tune if you purchased their stage 1 tune? I checked their site and maybe I missed it, but it didn't seem to say anywhere.

MK6Mountaineer

I called IE over the summer and they said their tune is $800. If I wanted to switch to a high flow cat, would I have to get my APR tune adjusted anyways? If I would have to change my APR tune, then I would wait on the high flow cat until I get the AP and a custom tune for it