GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning/Chip FAQ Thread: Which One Do I choose?

Vroomer

Banned
I'd be ok with paying a little more if APR improved the stage 1 tune in any way. It annoys me if when vendors increase price for something that is identical to what others paid less for

There hasn't been a price increase though, they just aren't having the same sale as they did last year.

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Anyone knows if there's any dealer in the central Ohio area?

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
The only one near me is an apr dealer and I was thinking of going with other company since they're similar with a better price, that sucks [emoji30]

phuccer1

Ready to race!
Really not that big of a price difference...

The price difference seems to be a couple hundred dollars.

With APR's new sales prices, it seems to come out to roughly $800.
$599 + $149 for additional software + labor.

I read somewhere on this forum that there is a UNI dealer near me that doesn't charge labor and a Stage 1 tune comes out to $550 out the door. Compared to APR who would charge $599 + labor even if I didn't purchase at sales price. I know this price comparison would vary depending on shops located around you.

REVO has a sale going on right now for 20% off of their stage 1 map. Which would bring the price down to $399+labor.

From my point of view, APR has the most expensive tune at the moment o_O The only reason why I even thought about going APR in the first place, was because of their previous sale of $599 for a fully loaded tune. Now that it's out the door, I will most likely be going REVO or UNI. I haven't done research on GIAC because the most reputable shops around me offer all the others.

Some may argue that it comes out to the same after you factor in UNIs or REVOs program switcher. But if you are just going Stage 1, what is the point?

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
Just a question, where do u find information abt revo sales? I can't see any news from their websites

BjxGTI

Ready to race!

The Ginkneb

Ready to race!
Thanks ! I called my local dealer too just to confirm, It's just weird that they're not showing the sales in their websites.

Anyways REVO tune scheduled !!

Would you guys suggest that I go ahead and order a set of r8 coil pack and ngk plugs and have them change it after the tune? Or is it not necessary?

+1 yes just do it. It'll be about $100 and you can say you have parts from an R8. They won't fail pretty much ever and theoretically should give you a stronger and more consistent spark/burn.

NGP in Maryland gave me free labor for the flash and the coilpacks since I was buying everything through them, so it might be worth asking about.

Also be sure to ask for your OEM coilpacks back! I forgot and had to go back and somewhat embarrassingly ask for a set of 4. They were chill about it. :thumbsup:

skotcoop

Ready to race!
The price difference seems to be a couple hundred dollars.

With APR's new sales prices, it seems to come out to roughly $800.
$599 + $149 for additional software + labor.

I read somewhere on this forum that there is a UNI dealer near me that doesn't charge labor and a Stage 1 tune comes out to $550 out the door. Compared to APR who would charge $599 + labor even if I didn't purchase at sales price. I know this price comparison would vary depending on shops located around you.

REVO has a sale going on right now for 20% off of their stage 1 map. Which would bring the price down to $399+labor.

From my point of view, APR has the most expensive tune at the moment o_O The only reason why I even thought about going APR in the first place, was because of their previous sale of $599 for a fully loaded tune. Now that it's out the door, I will most likely be going REVO or UNI. I haven't done research on GIAC because the most reputable shops around me offer all the others.

Some may argue that it comes out to the same after you factor in UNIs or REVOs program switcher. But if you are just going Stage 1, what is the point?
I paid $650 out the door for a fully loaded Stage 1 APR ECU upgrade.

st1ckyGTI

Ready to race!
I searched the thread (and forums) but couldnt find an answer. this might be a dumb question but...

If I get a tune, stage 1, and then an intake a few months later, will i need to re-tune or does the ECU adjust?