GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tuning/Chip FAQ Thread: Which One Do I choose?

Paytrose

Ready to race!
So in order to get stock mode, the extra's have to be purchased, correct? If the extra's are not purchased, then is the turn signal stalk (APR) used for anything in regards to the tune?

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
So in order to get stock mode, the extra's have to be purchased, correct? If the extra's are not purchased, then is the turn signal stalk (APR) used for anything in regards to the tune?

Nope. If you dont have any other programs there is nothing to change to so there is no stick function.

tnagy

Passed Driver's Ed
I have my GTI DSG for 3 years now. I was thinking to do stage 1 this year (3 years to late probably). But is it worth doing this for DSG? Will I feel the deference driving from home to work? Are you guys suggesting to tune the DSG also.
Thanks

Gino

Ready to race!
I have my GTI DSG for 3 years now. I was thinking to do stage 1 this year (3 years to late probably). But is it worth doing this for DSG? Will I feel the deference driving from home to work? Are you guys suggesting to tune the DSG also.
Thanks

I waited a year before getting a tune. Immediate reaction when going stock to stage 2.... WHY DID I WAIT!?!? I can't speak from DSG experience, but I see plenty of tuned cars with DSG.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Thanks

I recently watched a youtube video of a guy doing a review on a DSG Stage 1. He was having a blast and looked like the car was much more powerful than my stock 6MT. I think you'll have a blast with a stage 1 tune regardless of DSG or 6MT.

E1000

Tuning my original 2011 GTI

Hi,
I have an original 2011 GTI, and i would like to know if it is recommended to make a tune for the car. should i begin with a new air intake system?
Thanks

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Hi,
I have an original 2011 GTI, and i would like to know if it is recommended to make a tune for the car. should i begin with a new air intake system?
Thanks
For simple tunes, intake is there for mainly sound. There is not a big difference in stage 1 tune power with/without an aftermarket intake. If you like whoosh sounds get an intake.
If you are going with a bigger turbo, get an intake.
But I do not think its needed for stage 1 or 2.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

skotcoop

Ready to race!
Thanks
Mine isnt DSG but I waited 2 months to get my tune lol. There's really no reason not to do a tune. The shop that did mine gave me stock, 91, 93, and 100 included as a military discount. I would say a tune is more recommended for a DSG since you wont have to worry about the clutch slipping after a few months like mine did. But beware, once you go stage 1 tune you wont want to stop there. haha.

Paytrose

Ready to race!
Hi,
Thanks

Most tuning companies will recommend an intake, but is not required. But in my opinion, an intake is a big improvement as far as engine sound goes. You hear the air sucking into the intake, you can hear your diverter valve, and you can hear the turbo spool up... I love it.

OhioMK6

Ready to race!
Anybody have their 2.0 TSI tuned by Malone? They're very popular in the TDI community but how is their GTI tune?

MK6_Marco

Passed Driver's Ed
I just installed my BSH Race Intake and now was thinking of going Stage 1. I believe that there is a couple places near me that could tune my car. The first is AWE tuning which will tune using the GIAC software, and the other is RT Tuning who have the APR software. I can't decide which to go with. GIAC is $550 before labour according to AWE's website. I have looked at RT's website and can't seem to find their price for the software, but their Instagram page showed they held a beginning of the year sale with APR software for $600 out the door fully loaded. What should I do?!:iono:

Last edited:

ATXGTI1

Let's update this with the Cobb Access port! I wanna see it side by side with the others. I'm also curious if you're able to remove the remote itself after setting things and saving them. Anyone know? I'm not particularly stoked on the idea of another external electronic being added to my interior...

Last edited:

thenorth

Passed Driver's Ed
Loving the Revo tune.

Nkbanta

Passed Driver's Ed
Let's update this with the Cobb Access port! I wanna see it side by side with the others. I'm also curious if you're able to remove the remote itself after setting things and saving them. Anyone know? I'm not particularly stoked on the idea of another external electronic being added to my interior...

yeah after you finish the tuning your car with the ap you can unplug the accessport if u don't want to have live monitoring gauges and your car will still be tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk