GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo build thread

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Parked the car back in the garage due to fueling issue, I'm waiting after the tune to put the 550cc

I updated the thread. I will upload more videos later

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Parked the car back in the garage due to fueling issue, I'm waiting after the tune to put the 550cc

I updated the thread. I will upload more videos later
They wouldn't happen to be Bosch 0280158117 injectors?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Just found some on sale [emoji41]
I was unsure if they were the right ones though!

OrangeSpy

Ready to race!
Just looking at your turbo set up.
Were you able to just screw a -4 AN line directly into the turbo without using a flange?
And if you recall how long was your feed and drain lines?

Thanks!

Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Just looking at your turbo set up.
Were you able to just screw a -4 AN line directly into the turbo without using a flange?
And if you recall how long was your feed and drain lines?

Thanks!

No flange needed, you need a fitting and I used a 24" nitrous hose (length will vary depending of which manifold you use)

As for the drain line, I don't remember, it will depends of the turbo placement. You should be fine with 2'

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
I don't drive the car in winter and I kind of lost track of the build, but here is a quick update :)

The DW65V pump failed and haven't been able to use the warranty... Not that their pump cost around 400$CAD and it only lasted a month... Anyway, I switched for a RS4 B7 pump and it's way better. No more lean condition on load and cheaper that that DW pumps, I'm done with this company

I'm impressed by the top end of engine, here is a pull on 4th gear just to show the top end (~11psi) :

Other than that, I won't be doing haldex swap and going for 500-600whp with that 07K (as I planned to do) since I'm selling the car to get funds for my new project. I kind of fall in love with older Audi (still 5 cylinders and turbo). I got a mint S4 1994 that will be the project car and I also got another S4 1994 to use as a daily since I totaled the Subaru. For the moment, I'm waiting on 07K swaps developments, a small company is working on building a swap kit that would sell around 1200us. That would be nice to build another 07K turbo on a S4 :)

I might also just build the 2.2T if 07K swap kits cost too much. Goal will be 500whp at least on the project car

I will still be on the forums to answer and help others. Also I'm selling the car to a friend, so it might be possible that he decide to ask me to upgrade the build for him ;)

Edit: Found a old similar pull with only intake manifold and tune. Made a little video to show difference between NA and turbo. I was at ~10psi with the DW65v that would randomly starve on high rpm

Last edited: