GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo muffler delete

ahard48

Ready to race!
Literally just reading about this. Its a muffler of sorts between the turbo and the intercool inlet pipe (TOP). Heard a lot of people do it when upgrading that turbo outlet pipe. More for sounds maybe? Possibly next on the list.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24763

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I dont think it will give you enough of the sounds that its not worth it on the ihi turbo. The k04 kits have no muffler

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I have the Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete and it sounds pretty good and it doesn't sound raspy at all. It's not extremely noticeable but when you get on it and let off you can definitely tell there's a different tone. Performance wise there's nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noodle1

Ready to race!
someone pls post a video, ive been looking and found nothing

Fastball

Ready to race!
Today I ordered the ECS Tuning High Flow Turbo Outlet Pipe Kit w/ Turbo Delete (ES#3195063) for my '11. I'll let you know how it sounds when it gets installed.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
If you're going k04 its a waste of money

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
i thought the k04 kits (such as APR, AWE, unitronic) already removed the muffler from their turbos?

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

Fastball

Ready to race!
I got the ECS high flow turbo outlet pipe kit with muffler delete installed today and it really does not sound any different, louder or softer. What is noticeable is how the turbo spools up faster than before. The lag has all but disappeared. Really amazing to watch the tach just run up the dial.

Laimface

Ready to race!
My USP Spulen kit is nearly here! Hopefully going to make some sort of difference, even if it just plugs the boost leak the big O-Ring makes haha