GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo oil feed/return line DIY?

chavis.raudel

'12 MkVI GTI

Dealer says there's a leak at the turbo Nox Vidmate VLC oil feed/return lines. I've noticed some spotting on the garage floor this past week.

Are there instructions or a DIY on how to replace the lines? Does one have to pull the axle?
Is it worth a shot just to tighten the bolts or should i just go get me some gaskets ?

Last edited:

Artimas02

Is it worth a shot just to tighten the bolts or should i just go get me some gaskets ?
If the crush washers aren't sealing, tightening the bolts most likely will not help. There are different crush washers for the oil lines and the coolant lines so be careful which you use as the wrong ones will definitely leak. Good luck!

Artimas02

Do you know what the torque is on the bolts?

It's tricky to get to the bolts. You need an M8 triple square of just the right length, and skinny enough to pass between the hard feed and coolant lines. I used a combination of 4 adapters to make it work. I'm sure there's a $50 VAG tool just for the job.
33nm for the Oil line banjos, 38nm for the Coolant banjo.

Sforza209

Does anyone know the sizes of the turbo coolant line and the oil supply line? I upgraded to a k04 turbo and I just don’t like how the OEM lines fit on the turbo. I want to replace the lines with a steel braided line from ATPturbo.com. Thanks!