GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Two GM Engineers Caught Street Racing C8 'Vettes

zrickety

The Fixer
Don't these guys have a test track??

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
ohhhh 71 mph... so they probably just clicked into 2nd gear or something :ROFLMAO: This exact same incident occurred probably 1,000,000 times last night alone in Mexico. Near a Gapplebee's

GolNat

Autocross Champion
That's not terribly fast but 26mph over the limit is high. Not very smart engineers.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
That's not terribly fast but 26mph over the limit is high. Not very smart engineers.

My old C6 made almost 600rw and weighed about 3100 or so. It's hard to explain but once you hit 100mph it's still pulling HARD until you get to about 150 or have to shift into 5th gear. Then it starts to feel kinda like a regular car.. 0-70-0 or even a 70 punch back down to 45mph is really quick. I was thinking about these sensations the last time I had the GTI out on the freeway. No comparison

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
That pales in comparison to the Draggy results I've seen that were performed on the streets. Or all the videos showing street racing. Those GM guys would be right at home in the forum. ? Please don't misunderstand. I'm not criticising I have done it also.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
My old C6 made almost 600rw and weighed about 3100 or so. It's hard to explain but once you hit 100mph it's still pulling HARD until you get to about 150 or have to shift into 5th gear. Then it starts to feel kinda like a regular car.. 0-70-0 or even a 70 punch back down to 45mph is really quick. I was thinking about these sensations the last time I had the GTI out on the freeway. No comparison

Man that sounds like a wild ride! A tuned GTI is enough for the streets really.

That pales in comparison to the Draggy results I've seen that were performed on the streets. Or all the videos showing street racing. Those GM guys would be right at home in the forum. ? Please don't misunderstand. I'm not criticising I have done it also.

Those races are in Mexico...so are the Draggy numbers

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Here is from the police report from the arrest. I live only 1 hour from where this happened.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200112-213830_Firefox.jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-213830_Firefox.jpg
    636.5 KB · Views: 193

GolNat

Autocross Champion
? oh snap

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Man that sounds like a wild ride! A tuned GTI is enough for the streets really.

Those races are in Mexico...so are the Draggy numbers

Yes some of the Draggy results were done in Mexico. But come on look at the state where the person who posted Draggy results lives. They sure aren't driving thousands of miles to Mexico for Draggy results. ?