GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

uglybastard's PSSMKLLR GTI owner journal

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
All those sub'd...

Ugly takes some really nice photos of his car regularly on instagram if you're someone who appreciates photography check it out. :thumbsup:

Check out the link in his sig

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
All those sub'd...

Ugly takes some really nice photos of his car regularly on instagram if you're someone who appreciates photography check it out. :thumbsup:

Check out the link in his sig

Is
.. is this.... clout?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Today I pulled off my front bumper cover to get an idea of a few mods i wanted to do, and decided to just start doing some of them tonight.

I installed a DutchPartsCo front splitter. I will post pics once the bumper is reinstalled since it doesn't look as interesting with the bumper cover missing.

I also tackled a project i have been brewing for a few months. As many of you know/see I run a front europlate. I have decided to only run that plate for shows/meets only, and thought that using magnetic mounts could give me a very clean way to give me the flexibility to do this. Link to the magnets i used: https://amzn.to/30X9GPL

My endgame is to be able to have it stay on at least while the car is not moving, and i will consider it a miracle if i can get it to stay while driving.

To achieve this, I looked on the inside of my cover and noticed that there are some faint + marks that have one dead center to the bumper and the other 2 are equidistant from there.

I taped 3 of my magnets, one on each of the + marks, with painter's tape. I did the same to where those would mate up on the outside fo the bumper cover, securing those in place with painter's tape.

After confirming placements, I then used some JB Weld plastic epoxy to secure the magnets to the inside of the bumper, using the exterior magnets to aid in the placement while the epoxy set.

After that was done I placed magnets on the europlate frame to the appropriate spots, and the magnets i bought were strong enough to hold the whole assembly! But I opted to put 2 more in place with the double sided tape that came with the magnets.

This gives it more mounting points, but i do not think that it would stay while driving. I'll have to look into getting stronger magnets in the future. My current challenge is to find some thin felt or something to go on the magnets that make contact with the outer bumper cover, as i do not wish to have scratches there from repeated use.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
That’ll work fine for shows but def won’t hold on the road. One bump and that’ll be gone imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
why not just get a vanity plate that says possum killer?

I've thought about it. the process of approval might get tricky if someone at the DMV can rationalize something dirty/inappropriate out of "PSSMKLR" though. Maybe next spring i'll do that.

That’ll work fine for shows but def won’t hold on the road. One bump and that’ll be gone imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah it did not pass my shake test. ill look into getting bigger magnets. these will do for now though.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
131k - timing chain and tensioner done by MFA. confirmed my suspicision that the chain was stretching and that the tensioner was old.

also got a new daily - 2012 tiguan SE 4motion.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Current lineup

the wheels are curbed but not bend. not in bad shape.

added a Klii Motorwerkes full circle rear emblem inlay to the tig

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I installed some rivnuts on my rear bumper for license plate purposes.

I had some small socket head bolts from when i had them on my B7 A4. looks good.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Did plugs and coils today on the mk6 and the tiguan. mk6 got new r8 coilpacks, the old redtops went to the tiguan.

plugs came out looking... not bad, honestly:

fought with my torquewrench because i forgot how to convert stuff for a few minutes. stupid in-lbs conversion. wrench only does in-lb and m-kg.

may have slightly overdone it on one or two plugs. will remember to warm the engine up some when i do this again in a few tens of thousands of miles..