GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

uglybastard's PSSMKLLR GTI owner journal

Phur

Autocross Champion
It's funny to me that the R steering wheel trim is black, but doesn't have black dash or door trim, and how the GTI is the same but opposite with the silver wheel trim and black dash/door trim. :rolleyes: 🤷‍♂️ Or am I wrong?
The trim color on the GTI depends on the year and spec. Mine is brushed aluminum. (‘13 Autobahn)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
It's funny to me that the R steering wheel trim is black, but doesn't have black dash or door trim, and how the GTI is the same but opposite with the silver wheel trim and black dash/door trim. :rolleyes: 🤷‍♂️ Or am I wrong?
Yeah idk man someone in VW was smoking something during the design of the mk6

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
So a little bit ago I got rear ended.

20220429_173348.jpg

In the mean time I ordered a lip protector to cover up the crack.
20220611_092958.jpg

To make a long story short, the replacement bumper was ordered, painted, and picked up. Installed this morning.

20220611_113627.jpg

The lady who hit me has sent one check this far, about a third of the cost. We will see what else she sends, I am optimistic that not involving insurance was the move here.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Thats a great idea actually.
yeah i noticed every time i pulled the plate to put the euro plate on for pics/shows, i was slowly destroying the plastic. i had done this with my old bumped with a M6 rivnut, and this time i went with a #10-24 so i could make it smaller.

if this is something you or anyone pursues as something to do,, i recommend measuring a few times to make sure it sits not just where you want but evenly, BEFORE you drill plastic.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I've had a small extinguisher for emergencies in the rear hatch area on the drivers side where the sub would normally be if you have that option. the pocket held it just fine but i wanted it to be a bit more presentable.

So today i added a small rivnut, mounted the extinguisher bracket and then slapped in the extinguisher.

I have another bracket coming in soon, which i will write a review for once received and installed....

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Since I mounted my small extinguisher in the rear I really wanted to have something in the forward cabin for mor immediate emergencies. Since I am vehemently anti-ECS, I stayed away from the extinguisher mount from Rennline since they are exclusively an ECS product line now. I stumbled across KAP Industries out of Australia, and their mount looked pretty sturdy and essentially equivalent to competition previously mentioned. Plus the pricetag was more attractive.

KAP Industries

The brace showed up and I confirmed it would potentially fit the daily which has stock seats. After that I immediately installed:

I ordered this extinguisher from amazon, any 2.5kg extinguisher should fit fine, I bought this one because it came with a bracket and a quick release. Bolting that up was a piece of cake.

Depending on the extinguisher and placement you'll need to bend the bar so it sits properly for access and seat sliding. But I am happy with the look and function here! The KAP website has an install DIY video, real easy to follow. But for the love of god do not use a torque wrench as a ratchet/breaker bar, as they did.

But here's some links for you all..
KAP Industries
Extinguisher

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Today I picked up the car after having a K04 hybrid turbo installed (HPA kit). Also had them slap a neuspeed intercooler outlet pipe on there to remove that restriction. Wanted them to put the neuspeed turbo outlet pipe for K04 in but the coupler just did not quite fit over the metal. so the pancake pipe remains until i get a couple that fits.

This was brought on by a failed wastegate on the stock IHI/K03 at 143xxx miles. I was told that the wastegate was toast, and that the gasket on the turbo was cracked. I guess the hanger bracket for the exhaust was also all fucked up so they hooked me up with a new but modified hanger bracket from the MQB platform to that the exhaust hangs a little lower to help with the turbo fitment. the heat shield by the fire wall had seen better days so they hooked me up with a new one of those as well. i was honestly thinking of removing it and painting it black since it was rusty.

I have an European S3 intercooler coming in to go with all of this, that arrives monday. With all this I can finally justify a protune. I also had bought a PTP k04 turbo blanket to go on but I guess install of that was gonna be sketchy once the lines on the turbo were in place. might sell it. might try to put it on anyway.

On the drive home i babied it because i know the turbo needs special tuning to work to capacity. but i did hit 19.3psi and no signs of boost/vacuum leaks yet.

is..... is this.... stage 3? i think i'll be calling it 2+ for a while...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^ Cool update! Can't believe this hasn't been bumped for like 6 months lol. How has the k04 been treating you?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
^ Cool update! Can't believe this hasn't been bumped for like 6 months lol. How has the k04 been treating you?
I'm digging it! I definitely can tell there is a restriction in flow buts I'm still putting down more power than the k03. Need to do some work to get my intercooler swapped and the discharge pipe installed. I have a grand plan for all of this but have little time to pull the bumper while in storage, and I'm not supposed to work on my car while it's in there. The cameras are pretty intense on site so well see how that goes, may try and risk it in the last month I am there and if they kick me Out itll be a minor loss.