GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upgrade from APR Stage 1 to Stg 2?

bernardryan

Ready to race!
My current setup:

CSG GTI mk6 DSG
APR stage 1 tune in 2013 (4k km after i got the car new)
Everything else is stock.

Now I am getting the itch once again.

Have been researching and have narrowed down to Milltek Exhaust system.

More specifically leaning towards the twin rear silencer Turbo Back system.

My Question is do I get the one which requires the Stage 2 ECU tune or the one which doesn't state it?

As far as I know, my Stage 1 tune does have the stage 2 tune file someone in the ECU but don't know how to confirm this... does APR already include both Stage 1 and 2 tune files during the flash and the ECU will use which file depending on the flow detected in the downpipe? If thats the case, then it would be easy and I would get the one which "Requires stage 2 tune".

Now the 2nd issue is, if I get the one which" Requires Stage 2 tune", if I happen to put it back to stock ECU tune with my switchable program thingy, will my car run funny? I would do this only when I need to send my car in for the Mandatory VW service every 15k km.

Like to hear your thoughts on this.

Attachments

• 983.jpg
    983.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

corydd

Go Kart Champion
All you need to run Stage 2 is a downpipe - doesn't matter which brand. Once you install your downpipe (or turboback if you go that route, which is a downpipe+catback, but gives the same performance), you will need to go get the Stage 2 file. I doubt they already gave you the Stage 2 file when you went Stage 1.

If you happen to go back to stock mode with an aftermarket downpipe installed, the car will still run fine. You might get a check engine light due to the aftermarket (or lack of) catalytic converter, but nothing to worry about.