GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

upgrading stock turbo to CTS K04 turbo

dolfomk6

hello guys, i have a 2012 mk6 apr stage 2, running on a forge twintake & a magna flow exhaust. i’m planning on upgrading my turbo for the summer with the new cts K04 turbo kit. what do you guys think?? also, do you guys recommend that turbo kit??

thanks !

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
Would I buy it knowing what I know now, probably not. It was a HUGE headache trying to fit this thing on. Am I happy with the end result? Definitely! But I would recommend buying a different kit unless you want to take your chances with the cts kit. I’ve never had a problem with cts until installing the ko4. I’ve installed the catch can, charge and discharge pipes and the downpipe (all from cts) with no problems.

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
Apr, Hpa, and IE are some manufacturers that I would look into. I would double check to see if they’re in stock though.

dolfomk6

Apr, Hpa, and IE are some manufacturers that I would look into. I would double check to see if they’re in stock though.
do you think IE turbo kit is worth it for some power gains? i’m currently APR stage 2. i need some advice lol

Tsi_God

Go Kart Newbie
I don’t think it matters which ko4 u choose, just the tune. I’m currently using the unitronic stage 2+ software along with the unitronic stage 2 tcu tune and couldn’t be happier. Seeing as u r apr tuned I would go for that kit, I believe apr has a loyalty program or something and I hear their stage 2+ tune is solid. As for other ko4 tunes I’m not familiar with. I’m sure if u dig around the forum you’ll find some reviews on other tunes.

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
idk why ppl are telling u to avoid CTS. I have a slew of CTS parts including their GTX kit and it works flawlessly. A CTS k04 is just as good as any other BW (oem) k04.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I think it's more of a quality control and customer service issue. Yes you can get good CTS parts but you take a chance.

I would wait for a used APR, Unitronic, IE kit to come up for sale.