GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAG-COM tip for people with KESSY

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
Made a nice little discovery while snooping around in VCDS to change a few things. Turns out that if you check Bit 2 under Byte 4 in Central Electronics, you can get out of your car with your key while it's running, just like normal, except that you can now lock and unlock your doors with the remote.

This is a nice feature for the northern climates in the winter when you want to start your car and let it run to warm up for a few minutes, but don't want to leave it running and unlocked.

FNR32

Ready to race!
That's a nice option in the south when you want to start the car and let it cool off with AC a while after it's been baking in the sun. Great discovery, i think i'll try this out in a few minutes!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
awww yeah!! thank you for posting this!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
did this today - very cool. Only possible "negative" is that you can't unlock the door with the "handle touch" like you normally can - ONLY after locking it when running tho, that normal function still works like usual, but when leaving the car running, closing the door, locking with the remote, you do have to use the remote to unlock it again. Not an issue for me, but just letting people know.

I am VERY happy now that I can lock my car when its running, since it would not let me do this before :w00t:

Gli13

Made a nice little discovery while snooping around in VCDS to change a few things. Turns out that if you check Bit 2 under Byte 4 in Central Electronics, you can get out of your car with your key while it's running, just like normal, except that you can now lock and unlock your doors with the remote.

This is a nice feature for the northern climates in the winter when you want to start your car and let it run to warm up for a few minutes, but don't want to leave it running and unlocked.

What if my 2013 GLI does not have push to start? I want to be able to lock and unlock my car while its running, especially now that I did a remote start from the factory key flip fob...
Thanks

KO7

Ready to race!
Does anyone know if the engine will shut off if the door is opened from the inside? (eg. someone breaks your glass to steal the car, or if you leave the windows open while the car is running and locked with the remote.)

XZT123

Ready to race!
Now if someone can tell me what bit to change to make my Push-To-Start start with 1 tap instead of holding...

Apparently the CCTA push to start does this but NOT the CBFA (non CARB engines)

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
SWEET! running out now... sigh.