GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vince's Rising Blue Mk6 R

vince6r_

Hello everyone, my name is Vince and I have a 2012 Vw Mk6 golf R. I am new to the forums but have owned my car since 2017. I bought it already modified and since I have owned it I have added more to it. When I bought the car it already had an upgraded Garrett Gt3076R turbo and all of the supporting mods. This was my first car and is my pride and joy. This is how I bought the car back in 2017.

IMG_4670.jpg
IMG_5673.JPG

In this past year I recently powder coated my wheels, unibrace and airlift tank in a custom transparent copper and took some cool pictures with it.

View attachment DSCF5403.jpg

For the mod list here it is: (The mods highlighted in blue are what I added over the years)
ENGINE
Garrett Gt3076R
Tial External wastegate
42 Draft Design 3" catless downpipe with wastegate dump
3" Milltek exhaust with one resonator
Unitronic front mount intercooler
Audi R8 coil packs
42 Draft Design oil catch can
CTS Turbo throttle pipe
CTS Turbo 3" intake
CTS Turbo runner flap delete

Forge blow off valve
APR high pressure fuel pump
TTRS low pressure fuel pump
PM4 low pressure fuel pump controller
Southbend stage 3 daily clutch
RS4 injectors

Dieselgeek short shifter
034 Motorsports shifter bushings
Black Forest Industries stage 2 engine mount
Black Forest Industries stage 2 transmission mount
Black Forest Industries stage 2 dogbone mount
United Motorsports Custom Tune

INTERIOR
Black Forest Industries weighted shift knob
RCD330+ apple car play headunit
Double Apex garage door opener
Double Apex usb charger

Blue led footwell lights
Ziza led interior lights
P3 vent boost gauge
Unibrance XB powder coated transparent copper
Air Lift 5 gallon tank powder coated transparent copper
Laminate flooring in the trunk

EXTERIOR
Osir Telson Gt6-S carbon fibre spoiler extension
Helix rear led euro tail lights

Hella horns
License plate relocation
6k hid head light bulbs
Smoked side marker lights
Blacked out VW badges
Stop tech cross drilled and slotted rotors
Hawk Hp 5.0 brake pads

WHEELS AND SUSPENSION
Airlift 3p Performance series bags with 1/4" air lines
Niche Surge 19x8.5 et 42 powder coated transparent copper
Firehawk Indy 500 225/35/19

FUTURE PLANS
In the coming years I plan on building the motor and upgrade the turbo to either a G30-770 reverse rotation or G25-660 reverser rotation. I plan on relocating the battery from the factory location to the rear of my car so that I can have the turbo sitting front and center when you pop the hood. I would also have to build a custom turbo manifold. I would also like to get an upgraded intake manifold and upgrade the catch can setup I have now to make it look cleaner. For interior mods the goal would be to get the euro R sportster seats but for the high price that they are I am also looking into the Recaro Sportster CS or GT with the R logo stitched in the head rest. Also for interior mods I would like to get carbon trim to replace the factory aluminum door and dash trims and also a carbon fibre steering wheel. Lastly would to add some more carbon around the outside of the vehicle, front lip, rear diffuser and side skirt extensions and possibly new wheels.

All of this can't come at once unfortunately but with time these are my plans for my car. I hope you guys enjoy my build and feel free to follow me on Instagram to stay up to date with my build more @vince6r_ .

DSCF5425.jpg
DSCF5432.jpg
DSCF5434.jpg
DSCF5459.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF5532.jpg
    DSCF5532.jpg
    645.8 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF5479.jpg
    DSCF5479.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 197
  • DSCF5440.jpg
    DSCF5440.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 227

torga

Autocross Champion
Wow!! Rare to find a pre-modified car so well-equipped and you've only made it even better! Awesome touch, matching the Unibrace and tank to the wheels. Loooove the wood grain back there.
Can't wait to see your future plans for it.

Thumper

Autocross Champion

vince6r_

Wow!! Rare to find a pre-modified car so well-equipped and you've only made it even better! Awesome touch, matching the Unibrace and tank to the wheels. Loooove the wood grain back there.
Can't wait to see your future plans for it.
Yea its treated me well so far! Only issues im having right now is with my fuel pressure but im going for a retune when i get my car out of storage so hopefully that fixes things and i can enjoy it again!

vince6r_

Love that unibrace touch, just adds to the clean car. And yeah, we need more Rs around here. lol

Any ideas on the power you're making on that 3076? We have a thread here if you have dyno numbers.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/highest-whp-r.381359/
Im probably hitting up a dyno when my car gets out of storage in march or april after my retune ! Ill post dyno numbers when i do it though! Im assuming its around the 410whp area since its stock internals

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Im probably hitting up a dyno when my car gets out of storage in march or april after my retune ! Ill post dyno numbers when i do it though! Im assuming its around the 410whp area since its stock internals

Cool, yeah I am planning on getting mine dyno'd around the same time, hopefully, I'm still dealing with a mystery boost leak, kinda pointless to dyno when I struggle to hit 25psi. lol

Be interested to see your numbers, 410whp on stock internals would be sweet. I'll probably budget for a rebuild of internals before I upgrade the turbo, but need to upgrade while there's still life left in this turbo so I can sell it used and recoup some costs on the new one.

vince6r_

Cool, yeah I am planning on getting mine dyno'd around the same time, hopefully, I'm still dealing with a mystery boost leak, kinda pointless to dyno when I struggle to hit 25psi. lol

Be interested to see your numbers, 410whp on stock internals would be sweet. I'll probably budget for a rebuild of internals before I upgrade the turbo, but need to upgrade while there's still life left in this turbo so I can sell it used and recoup some costs on the new one.
Damn good luck finding the leak! When i first installed my cts throttle pipe i had the hose clamps come loose after a few days, and i had a lot of oil in my intercooler pipes so i cleaned them with brake clean and re tightened the clamps and everything seems good, just got over your hose clamps and check your diverter valve hose and clamps if theyre worn out or cracked!
And yea thats a smart idea, at least the turbo wont cost as much, as for internals do you have any idea of what you would go with ?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Damn good luck finding the leak! When i first installed my cts throttle pipe i had the hose clamps come loose after a few days, and i had a lot of oil in my intercooler pipes so i cleaned them with brake clean and re tightened the clamps and everything seems good, just got over your hose clamps and check your diverter valve hose and clamps if theyre worn out or cracked!

Yeah, the crappy part is I didn't touch anything that would cause a leak when the leak appeared. I upgraded the DV and changed my cam follower that was it, thought it was the new DV so put the OE one back on and still had issue. Thought I might have damaged a vacuum line by the fuel pump but vacuum readings are normal and can't find anything with soap and water. It's a whole thing LOL My TOP hose is really soft, thinking it might be oil soaked so I got a new one ordered from APR, and the previous owner never upgraded the TB pipe so I got a BSH that just delivered. Next weekend I'll be swapping all that out and hoping it was just a random loose clamp or the TOP bulging under boost, so yeah I'm crossing my fingers.

And yea thats a smart idea, at least the turbo wont cost as much, as for internals do you have any idea of what you would go with ?

None yet, it's going to be at least next year before I'm ready not like there's a lot of "new" development being done on these motors at this point but I tend to get in trouble when I go shopping for things in advance. LOL I'm currently working my way up to a race license and this is going to be my time trials car, so I'm holding out hope for maybe some sponsorship money to help out. :giggle:

vince6r_

Yeah, the crappy part is I didn't touch anything that would cause a leak when the leak appeared. I upgraded the DV and changed my cam follower that was it, thought it was the new DV so put the OE one back on and still had issue. Thought I might have damaged a vacuum line by the fuel pump but vacuum readings are normal and can't find anything with soap and water. It's a whole thing LOL My TOP hose is really soft, thinking it might be oil soaked so I got a new one ordered from APR, and the previous owner never upgraded the TB pipe so I got a BSH that just delivered. Next weekend I'll be swapping all that out and hoping it was just a random loose clamp or the TOP bulging under boost, so yeah I'm crossing my fingers.

None yet, it's going to be at least next year before I'm ready not like there's a lot of "new" development being done on these motors at this point but I tend to get in trouble when I go shopping for things in advance. LOL I'm currently working my way up to a race license and this is going to be my time trials car, so I'm holding out hope for maybe some sponsorship money to help out. :giggle:
Fair enough! Im getting held back by the fact i have fuelling issues otherwise i would be upgrading now! And sponsorships definitely help, ive been trying to reach out to companies for sponsorships as well, with time itll come i guess! Im wishing you good luck on your build !

vince6r_

How much NVH increased after BFI stage 2 mounts installed?
Honestly its not even that bad, it felt so much more solid, i could feel the engine move when i let off throttle on the stock mounts, the bfi ones i didnt feel a thing and it didnt make much more noise or vibration

kevbass52

Ready to race!
Joining in as I just recently bought a mk6 golf r, mentioned you wanted more Rs around lol. Everything is stock but gives me the chance at starting new. Wanted to get your guys input on what performance upgrades to do. Plan is to ride stock clutch until it wears out or some failure (lifetime warranty, not worried) and eventually go stage 2 on almosts everything. Prior to doing so, you guys think I should touch anything performance wise or just stick to suspension and smaller mods that wont be as costly that I end up replacing down the road?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
We certainly need some more Rs around here, welcome.

Might want to start a new thread HERE as this is a build thread for a specific member and car.

Step 1 on these cars is maintenance as no point putting more power to it if it's just going to break down from lack of love. Check your cam follower and change regularly, if you're going Stg2 you'll need an upgraded HPFP.

Seriously these cars are pretty well sorted for power as a base, throw a Stg1 on there to wake it up and then spend some time on suspension and brakes to make sure the power is usable, then build up the power more into Stg2.

vince6r_

Joining in as I just recently bought a mk6 golf r, mentioned you wanted more Rs around lol. Everything is stock but gives me the chance at starting new. Wanted to get your guys input on what performance upgrades to do. Plan is to ride stock clutch until it wears out or some failure (lifetime warranty, not worried) and eventually go stage 2 on almosts everything. Prior to doing so, you guys think I should touch anything performance wise or just stick to suspension and smaller mods that wont be as costly that I end up replacing down the road?
It depends how many miles or kms are on the car, usually around 130km you should be doing the timing chain and possibly water pump but other than that as long as you keep the oil changes regularly around 5000km or so and change the cam follower every 2 or 3 oil changes you should be good for a while! My friend is stage 2 unitronic and his clutch was slipping almost right away, and he didnt really beat on it. Clutches have different lives for everyone so just keep that in mind, the higher mileage the more likely it is to start slipping when you upgrade ! Hope this helps!