GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vland / aftermarket headlight UU not working solution

Rick.nazarian

Hi Guys,

Seen this issue pop up in a few threads usually without any resolution.
I bought some Vland UU headlights and like many others my DRLs did not work after install.
Despite searching the forums thoroughly i did not see anyone post a solution besides buying "adapters" that may or may not fit.
This is NOT a coding problem or a headlight switch problem, I figured that out after hours of trying to code and debugging.

The fix, at least for my headlights was a pin swap. Parking lights on the original 10 pin harness is pin 10.
Pin 10 on the VLAND headlights are not the UU DRLs.

It seems like the pin is part of the auto adjustment system and pin 1 is actually the DRLs.
I swapped pin 10 to pin one in my clip and got my lights working no problem now.
Hoping this helps some of you out there.

View attachment 165868
How difficult is swapping the pins ? About to order the vlands for my gti and want to fix the issue if i have to

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
How difficult is swapping the pins ? About to order the vlands for my gti and want to fix the issue if i have to
If you have the pin removal tool super easy. if you dont then a bit more difficult as you have to create your tool but not hard at all. As always there is a possibility of breaking a tab on the pins but i havent heard of anyone actually having that occur.

R1SEN

Don't mean to bump, but I recently bought these and the UUs worked out the box. What confuses me is the fact that they only come on when my headlights are on, and don't act as DRLs (I also have the error message), is there a way to fix these issues?

I read this whole thread and still can't seem to figure it out, I guess I'm just slow with this stuff. Thanks a lot in advance

acidelijah

Don't mean to bump, but I recently bought these and the UUs worked out the box. What confuses me is the fact that they only come on when my headlights are on, and don't act as DRLs (I also have the error message), is there a way to fix these issues?

I read this whole thread and still can't seem to figure it out, I guess I'm just slow with this stuff. Thanks a lot in advance
You have to get the euro switch.

acidelijah

Will I need to disable anything, I've heard you need the take out the pin or use obd11 but I'm not sure if that's 100% necessary. Thanks again
I have yet to get my euro switch but I will here soon, I wouldn’t think that necessary.
From what i’ve learned is that you have to get an extra trigger wire to run the UU’s as your DRL’s.
You can find the same exact wire used in the video on ECS for about $10 & the Euro switch is only like $15 on eBay.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion

Not exactly sure what you mean by "dont act as DRLs". By default after market headlights have the UUs attached to the parking lights pin (or are supposed to, if this was always the case this thread wouldnt be around). Meaning they will act as parking lights, the Euro switch will give your car additional lighting configurations by adding more selector options. That is typically how most people get the UU to be on while driving without the low beams on. This means that you will have a manual switch to change your lighting configuration.

However there is another option to get your UUs to act more like typical automatic DRLs. And that is to tap into the DRL pin, which is the pin 4 swap that is mentioned on this thread a few times. This has had mixed success and does not work for all as it seems like some hardware changes happened between the various years, in addition it often requires additional coding through OBD11/VAGCOM.

Pal

Hi all, i've just purchased these lights and tried fitting them to my Vw Golf Mk6 2011 TDI, I plugged the driver side headlight in without the adaptor and it works spot on, I then plugged the passenger side headlight in without the adaptor and everything works except the DRL's, I cant get them to light at all, I thought they were faulty but after reading all this wondering if mine need a pin swap but not sure how to do the pin swap and do I do it on the adaptors that's came with the headlights or to do it to the plug that's connected to my Golf, also is it best to swap pin 10 with pin 1 or pin 4 with pin 1 as I would like them to run as actual DRL's and not have to put my parking lights on for em to work. I do have a OBD11 but dunno if there's anything on there I can change to get them to work, any help is greatly appreciated