GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vland / aftermarket headlight UU not working solution

dpaige11

You may not have to do pin swap if you got a newer version.
Only some versions require pin swap, not all.

As far as the head lamps go idk.
I believe Xenons should require ballast but if your set came with those lights then i would expect it should be plug and play.
Thanks it worked out great! I did indeed have to swap PINs 10 and 1 to get the DRLs to work. Also installed a RCD330. Pretty Productive day for me.

IMG_20200527_121709~2.jpg
IMG_20200527_144510.jpg
IMG_20200527_144510.jpg
IMG_20200527_144841.jpg
IMG_20200527_144849.jpg
IMG_20200527_144900.jpg
IMG_20200527_165308~2.jpg
IMG_20200527_165321~2.jpg
IMG_20200527_170543.jpg

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I’ve been wondering this. When I installed them they were basically aimed at the ground, and when I tried to adjust them it just skipped. It’s so bad I drive with my high beams on, and I don’t even blind people. How do you adjust them internally?

If you open up the rear compartment for the low beams there is a hex bolt near the bottom.
Adjust that one out a bit until desired height.

Mine where pointing at the ground too and external adjustment was maxed and skipped.

dpaige11

Nice! Looking good. Glad it worked out for you.
May need to pick up a euro switch and trigger wire if you want to run the parking lights by themselves.
I've had the euro switch for some time. Never did the trigger wire. What does that get me? UUs by themselves?

dpaige11

Nice! Looking good. Glad it worked out for you.
May need to pick up a euro switch and trigger wire if you want to run the parking lights by themselves.
I notice every so often one of my low beams goes out. Could it be a contact issue with the PIN I replaced? Doesn't seem to effect the LEDs.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I've had the euro switch for some time. Never did the trigger wire. What does that get me? UUs by themselves?

Yep it would let you run them by themselves

I notice every so often one of my low beams goes out. Could it be a contact issue with the PIN I replaced? Doesn't seem to effect the LEDs.
The low beam bulb or the low beam U light?
Pin swap wouldn't have any effect of low beam bulb, i would check to make sure its seated right in headlight housing.
Low beam U could definitely be due bad contact of swapped pin, i would try to realign pin.

AjayKM

Hi Guys,

Seen this issue pop up in a few threads usually without any resolution.
I bought some Vland UU headlights and like many others my DRLs did not work after install.
Despite searching the forums thoroughly i did not see anyone post a solution besides buying "adapters" that may or may not fit.
This is NOT a coding problem or a headlight switch problem, I figured that out after hours of trying to code and debugging.

The fix, at least for my headlights was a pin swap. Parking lights on the original 10 pin harness is pin 10.
Pin 10 on the VLAND headlights are not the UU DRLs.

It seems like the pin is part of the auto adjustment system and pin 1 is actually the DRLs.
I swapped pin 10 to pin one in my clip and got my lights working no problem now.
Hoping this helps some of you out there.

View attachment 165868
Can you make a video of how you done this? in need of this to be fixed quickly and don’t understand how to do it

Daxtnn

This thread was a life saver! The pin swap was super easy. My specific set didn’t come with low beams and i’m stuck between running some white-ish halogens or going with a HID kit. I am curious what low beams you’re running @NewGuy1 ? Thanks!

Attachments

• DD162AA9-16A0-46EA-BD15-33AAA02C3BD0.jpeg
    DD162AA9-16A0-46EA-BD15-33AAA02C3BD0.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 402

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
This thread was a life saver! The pin swap was super easy. My specific set didn’t come with low beams and i’m stuck between running some white-ish halogens or going with a HID kit. I am curious what low beams you’re running @NewGuy1 ? Thanks!

Yea most of these kits don't come with low beams.
I am reusing my OEM halogen ones, I'm planning to switch to LEDs but haven't done it yet.

Magiriano

Hi Guys,

Seen this issue pop up in a few threads usually without any resolution.
I bought some Vland UU headlights and like many others my DRLs did not work after install.
Despite searching the forums thoroughly i did not see anyone post a solution besides buying "adapters" that may or may not fit.
This is NOT a coding problem or a headlight switch problem, I figured that out after hours of trying to code and debugging.

The fix, at least for my headlights was a pin swap. Parking lights on the original 10 pin harness is pin 10.
Pin 10 on the VLAND headlights are not the UU DRLs.

It seems like the pin is part of the auto adjustment system and pin 1 is actually the DRLs.
I swapped pin 10 to pin one in my clip and got my lights working no problem now.
Hoping this helps some of you out there.

View attachment 165868
Hey NewGuy1, greetings from Calgary. I was looking for a fix and after doing a lot of research I found your post. So, I signed up just to be able to thank you.
The new to me 2013 VW TDI Sportwagen just failed inspection due to no DRL's..
Still I have a question, as the car is still at the shop and I can't see the pin/harness, do I swap pin 10 for pin 1 and pin 1 for pin 10 or is there an empty one?
Thanks in advance, Im new to VW MK6 but if you need any advice on cummins, powerstroke or duramax, please ask..

Magiriano

This was absolutely perfect. Thank you.
I put pin 4 to pin 1 and pin 10 to pin 4. This way obd11 still can be used.
Ok, new here, what is OBD11? Please help, nothing conclusive with google. I think it's broken..
Or do you mean OBD2 port ? Didn't knew OBDII is also called obd11

Last edited:

Magiriano

This was absolutely perfect. Thank you.
I put pin 4 to pin 1 and pin 10 to pin 4. This way obd11 still can be used.
It worked on my car as well.
DRL are now working.
Gotta find a way to run the aftermarket cable for the Auto sensor now.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Ok, new here, what is OBD11? Please help, nothing conclusive with google. I think it's broken..
Or do you mean OBD2 port ? Didn't knew OBDII is also called obd11
OBDeleven is an OBD2 plugin Bluetooth scan tool.
It allows long coding of bytes similar to VAGCOM.

It worked on my car as well.
DRL are now working.
Gotta find a way to run the aftermarket cable for the Auto sensor now.
Sorry i didn't reply to you quick enough, glad it worked out!
I ran mine around a pillar to front left corner of windshield

Magiriano

OBDeleven is an OBD2 plugin Bluetooth scan tool.
It allows long coding of bytes similar to VAGCOM.

Sorry i didn't reply to you quick enough, glad it worked out!
I ran mine around a pillar to front left corner of windshield
No sweat.
I was in a pinch, my new to me car wouldn't pass inspection without DRL.
So i furst swapped 10-1 then 10-4-1 and all works fine.
Changed the light switch too and didn't needed the trigger wire, pin 3 had one..
No parking light in the Vland lights tho, only the side markers light up.
And, any idea how i can retrieve the radio code or if the 013 has one ?
Other tgan taking it into VW Service who now has to scan it...
Thanks again!
Alex

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
No sweat.
I was in a pinch, my new to me car wouldn't pass inspection without DRL.
So i furst swapped 10-1 then 10-4-1 and all works fine.
Changed the light switch too and didn't needed the trigger wire, pin 3 had one..
No parking light in the Vland lights tho, only the side markers light up.
And, any idea how i can retrieve the radio code or if the 013 has one ?
Other tgan taking it into VW Service who now has to scan it...
Thanks again!
Alex
Radio is either going to be 0000, 0001, or something completely custom.
May be found in your owners manual if your lucky.
And i think the attempts will reset after a day of locking you out.
Only way to be certain is to take to dealer and pay money from my experience.