GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vland / aftermarket headlight UU not working solution

vdubnick

Drag Racing Champion
So I just bought and installed this yesterday and I'm beyond annoyed.
I tried the pin swap, the only combination that kind of worked would be to have DRL's working but when turning on the headlight only the headlight would be lit and not the white U (2nd picture for reference.)

I think for this setup I had the high beam unplugged (so i moved 4-drl into 8-high beam) this was the only way I found the DRL to come on with the e-brake down.

I even tried skipping their adapter and plugging straight into the headlight housing since I noticed their adapter only has 5 pins for power but the OE harness has 6. Therefor when plugging into the adapter the 4pin-drl isn't connecting to anything.
But that didnt cause the DRL to work that way either, I may try more combinations tomorrow. But any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
you could pin the DRL (u-light) to the parking light circuit, then, code DRL to use parking light, then it would stay on with low/high beams

DRL program may have been DRL or fogs, i cant remember, but im pretty sure parking light was an option.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
So I just bought and installed this yesterday and I'm beyond annoyed.
I tried the pin swap, the only combination that kind of worked would be to have DRL's working but when turning on the headlight only the headlight would be lit and not the white U (2nd picture for reference.)
View attachment 216843

I think for this setup I had the high beam unplugged (so i moved 4-drl into 8-high beam) this was the only way I found the DRL to come on with the e-brake down.
View attachment 216844

View attachment 216846

I even tried skipping their adapter and plugging straight into the headlight housing since I noticed their adapter only has 5 pins for power but the OE harness has 6. Therefor when plugging into the adapter the 4pin-drl isn't connecting to anything.
But that didnt cause the DRL to work that way either, I may try more combinations tomorrow. But any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Unfortunately i cant make sense of what you have done. Do you have an Euro switch installed already with trigger wire?

Kickerdank

Ok so I have a 2011 mk6 GTI, if I purchase these vland headlights.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-2-LED-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

My GTI is the base model with the 10 pin halogens. I will be able to run them no problem if I switch the pins and code out the bulb errors correct?

I'm looking to run them with the UU as drl and also have them on when lights are on if possible. Would I need to buy the euro or auto headlight switch as well and what's this trigger wire I've seen some speak of do to change things. Thanks in advance!!

acidelijah

Should getting mine in the mail today!

Simple 10-1 pin swap on both harnesses seem to be the jist of getting the DRLs to work.

Will I still be able to run both my low beams & UU’s after the pin swap
when I turn my headlight switch on?

I have no knowledge of any coding nor have I purchased the euro headlight switch.
Thanks! If I don’t get a reply before I tackle it I’ll post to see how it went!

Last edited:

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Ok so I have a 2011 mk6 GTI, if I purchase these vland headlights.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-2-LED-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

My GTI is the base model with the 10 pin halogens. I will be able to run them no problem if I switch the pins and code out the bulb errors correct?

I'm looking to run them with the UU as drl and also have them on when lights are on if possible. Would I need to buy the euro or auto headlight switch as well and what's this trigger wire I've seen some speak of do to change things. Thanks in advance!!
Depends on what model/version you end up with, its completely random it seems. Theyll either work perfectly or you may need to pin swap to get them working

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Should getting mine in the mail today!

Simple 10-1 pin swap on both harnesses seem to be the jist of getting the DRLs to work.

Will I still be able to run both my low beams & UU’s after the pin swap
when I turn my headlight switch on?

I have no knowledge of any coding nor have I purchased the euro headlight switch.
Thanks! If I don’t get a reply before I tackle it I’ll post to see how it went!
The 10-1 pin swap will get the DRLs working if they dont work out of the box already.
The UU lights will act as parking lights and be on whenever you have the headlight switch turned on.
Be it with low beams or high beams.

It would be worthwhile getting a euro switch with trigger wire to get more on/off options

acidelijah

The 10-1 pin swap will get the DRLs working if they dont work out of the box already.
The UU lights will act as parking lights and be on whenever you have the headlight switch turned on.
Be it with low beams or high beams.

It would be worthwhile getting a euro switch with trigger wire to get more on/off options
Pin swap worked!
Gonna forsure be getting the euro switch now.
Do I have to reverse the pins back when I ge the euro switch?

Last edited:

acidelijah

If you open up the rear compartment for the low beams there is a hex bolt near the bottom.
Adjust that one out a bit until desired height.

Mine where pointing at the ground too and external adjustment was maxed and skipped.
Is that silver bolt to the bottom left the one you brought out to raise the lights?
I brought it out by turning it left for the right headlight & turning it right for the left headlight…

pretty annoying their still sitting pretty low to the ground.

Let me know how yours are sitting!

Attachments

• CA1C9EAD-944E-466A-B1AD-03B9F68725CF.jpeg
    CA1C9EAD-944E-466A-B1AD-03B9F68725CF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Is that silver bolt to the bottom left the one you brought out to raise the lights?
I brought it out by turning it left for the right headlight & turning it right for the left headlight…

pretty annoying their still sitting pretty low to the ground.

Let me know how yours are sitting!
Its hard to tell from your picture but i think thats the wrong one, The one im talking about isnt near the auto motor.

acidelijah

Its hard to tell from your picture but i think thats the wrong one, The one im talking about isnt near the auto motor.
The bolt you’re talking about is inside the whole housing right?

That was really the only bolt I saw towards the bottom. :(

Maybe I need to remove the bulb for the low beam & check around in there.

Also if you click the pic it should clear it up a bit!

Gonna take another stab at it today!

Last edited:

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
The bolt you’re talking about is inside the whole housing right?

That was really the only bolt I saw towards the bottom. :(

Maybe I need to remove the bulb for the low beam & check around in there.

Also if you click the pic it should clear it up a bit!

Gonna take another stab at it today!
Yes inside the housing, and im aware of how to enlarge picture but its too zoomed in that i cant tell which compartment/ light you are looking at.
Attach a few at various depths.
I'm unsure how, if at all, these lights have changed over time as screw position could change but a better picture of the light in its entirety will clear things up.

Franco César

Hi Guys,

Seen this issue pop up in a few threads usually without any resolution.
I bought some Vland UU headlights and like many others my DRLs did not work after install.
Despite searching the forums thoroughly i did not see anyone post a solution besides buying "adapters" that may or may not fit.
This is NOT a coding problem or a headlight switch problem, I figured that out after hours of trying to code and debugging.

The fix, at least for my headlights was a pin swap. Parking lights on the original 10 pin harness is pin 10.
Pin 10 on the VLAND headlights are not the UU DRLs.

It seems like the pin is part of the auto adjustment system and pin 1 is actually the DRLs.
I swapped pin 10 to pin one in my clip and got my lights working no problem now.
Hoping this helps some of you out there.

View attachment 165868
If I change the pins I can use the lights with the daytime running lights when lowering the parking brake, using them as DRL only the UU