GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Vland / aftermarket headlight UU not working solution

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,

Seen this issue pop up in a few threads usually without any resolution.
I bought some Vland UU headlights and like many others my DRLs did not work after install.
Despite searching the forums thoroughly i did not see anyone post a solution besides buying "adapters" that may or may not fit.
This is NOT a coding problem or a headlight switch problem, I figured that out after hours of trying to code and debugging.

The fix, at least for my headlights was a pin swap. Parking lights on the original 10 pin harness is pin 10.
Pin 10 on the VLAND headlights are not the UU DRLs.

It seems like the pin is part of the auto adjustment system and pin 1 is actually the DRLs.
I swapped pin 10 to pin one in my clip and got my lights working no problem now.
Hoping this helps some of you out there.

DRL.jpg

93serprise

Ready to race!
When I start my car whether the headlight switch is on Auto or manually turned on, there is a chance that the passenger side drls do not come on at all. The driver side always comes on just fine. You think this would fix the issue for me? I am not currently using the adapters that came with the headlights as they do not fit at all. I tried explaining that to the seller online, but he wasn't hearing it or didn't care. If this fixes my headlights then I will send you money ! :)

93serprise

Ready to race!
To add to what I wrote above....When I turn my car on and turn on the headlights, both headlight DRLS will come on but the passenger side will then go off after a few seconds. The driver side always works fine. There is like a 50/50 chance that i run into the problem when I start the car at any given time.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
To add to what I wrote above....When I turn my car on and turn on the headlights, both headlight DRLS will come on but the passenger side will then go off after a few seconds. The driver side always works fine. There is like a 50/50 chance that i run into the problem when I start the car at any given time.

Its odd that it works initially.
I dont think incorrect pins would be your issue, usually from what i hear thats a bcm issue.
I would recommend you take a multimeter to your headlight and try to see if your voltages are wrong when you use headlight switch.

torga

Autocross Champion
I understand you you figured out which pin corresponds to what on the harness, but how did you figure out the correct pin on the headlight itself?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I understand you you figured out which pin corresponds to what on the harness, but how did you figure out the correct pin on the headlight itself?

I energized each pin individually with jumper wires to identify each one.
Might've blown the auto adjust motor but that doesnt matter to me aha.

I initially tried to jumper to the battery but that wasnt working so i instead jumpered from the headlight harness low beam pins

Lam1994

Hi guys, I’m from Hong Kong. And vland seller didn’t know how to do. I tried to buy the adapter but i cannot even plug in. At the same thing I can’t return the headlight as China is banned all the importing of the car parts. So I’m so frustrated before I found you.

Thank you for you tips, so the solution is that I have to change the pin 1 of the headlight to pin 10?( like the pictures?)

And I do not need to change anything from the power wire of the car right?( the second picture

And how I change the pin are the same with this video right?

please help me and I’m not those Chinese who spread the coronavirus.( Hong Kong is not China!) but I’m so sorry for the bad situation right now.

thank you!!!!???

Attachments

• 1CB20F37-1656-4C95-BC6C-7D6A00DFEAC2.jpeg
    1CB20F37-1656-4C95-BC6C-7D6A00DFEAC2.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 3,552
  • 844EFE74-2F93-42CB-B090-D3183763C994.jpeg
    844EFE74-2F93-42CB-B090-D3183763C994.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,705

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Thank you for you tips, so the solution is that I have to change the pin 1 of the headlight to pin 10?( like the pictures?)

And I do not need to change anything from the power wire of the car right?( the second picture

And how I change the pin are the same with this video right?

Unfortunately due to how these headlights are manufactured you have to change the wiring on the car harness side.
The headlight does not allow easy modification of the pins.

So you would swap pin 10 on the harness to pin 1 location. this would make the lights come on as parking lights.
Some have also moved pin 4 on the harness to pin 1 location to enable them as actually DRLs, but i personally could not get this to function.

dpaige11

Hi Guys,

Seen this issue pop up in a few threads usually without any resolution.
I bought some Vland UU headlights and like many others my DRLs did not work after install.
Despite searching the forums thoroughly i did not see anyone post a solution besides buying "adapters" that may or may not fit.
This is NOT a coding problem or a headlight switch problem, I figured that out after hours of trying to code and debugging.

The fix, at least for my headlights was a pin swap. Parking lights on the original 10 pin harness is pin 10.
Pin 10 on the VLAND headlights are not the UU DRLs.

It seems like the pin is part of the auto adjustment system and pin 1 is actually the DRLs.
I swapped pin 10 to pin one in my clip and got my lights working no problem now.
Hoping this helps some of you out there.

View attachment 165868
I just received these in the mail. Looking forward to trying the install this week. They included a Xenon Conversation Kit in the box (attached). Do I need a ballast to use these or are they plug and play outside of the PIN swap? I have a 2013 MK6 GTI that currently has Halogen.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_172441.jpg
    IMG_20200516_172441.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 742

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
I just received these in the mail. Looking forward to trying the install this week. They included a Xenon Conversation Kit in the box (attached). Do I need a ballast to use these or are they plug and play outside of the PIN swap? I have a 2013 MK6 GTI that currently has Halogen.
You may not have to do pin swap if you got a newer version.
Only some versions require pin swap, not all.

As far as the head lamps go idk.
I believe Xenons should require ballast but if your set came with those lights then i would expect it should be plug and play.

Echo1121

I should also mention to people with these lights that there is an additional knob for low beam height-adjustment inside the housing.
Mine from the factory where pointed way too low and the external adjustment knob was just skipping teeth.
I’ve been wondering this. When I installed them they were basically aimed at the ground, and when I tried to adjust them it just skipped. It’s so bad I drive with my high beams on, and I don’t even blind people. How do you adjust them internally?