GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VLand Sequential LED tail lights

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone running the new sequential version of the LED taillights by VLand? I just got their headlights installed a few weeks ago and I was so impressed by them that I bought a set of the sequential LED tail lights as well.

I was expecting a simple 5 minute install but it looks like you need to run a wire between the outer and inner tail lights (through the grommet in the hatch and behind the trim) in order for the sequential function to work correctly. Well it's a little cold out here to mess with that, but I was wondering if anyone has them and has any installation tips for running the wire between the inner and outer tails?

https://youtu.be/6v_HWJYe1CI

Here was the auction I got them from, for $229. I received them quickly. Would recommend this seller: https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-14-VW-M...h=item5d83b8b8d1:g:Z5UAAOSwVYhb9fTD:rk:7:pf:0

vex

Passed Driver's Ed
Been curious about these. Would like to hear your thoughts after some time.

Though I noticed the link to the auction are for the non-sequential LEDs.

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
Been curious about these. Would like to hear your thoughts after some time.

Though I noticed the link to the auction are for the non-sequential LEDs.

Interesting. It looks like the seller has updated the listing to the non-sequential LED's. Regardless, the ones I received were the sequential ones.

I installed them yesterday since it was decent outside. The worst part of the install is running the wire through the rubber grommet between the hatch and the back area. It helps if you have a coat hanger or some wire fishing tool to pull through first, then tape the two wires and pull it through. They fit pretty well, no complaints really. The blinker seems very bright, and overall the lights look really nice. For $229 I think they look great. I did switch up the wiring on the drivers side tail so that it has a reverse light on both sides instead of a rear fog on the drivers side. All you need to do is switch the brown wire with the white wire in the drivers side tail light socket.

My stock tails are available for $25 plus shipping, LOL.

audiohs

Passed Driver's Ed
Would the outer signals still work if you didn't run the wire? Would it throw an error code? Are you able to disconnect the wire from the inner to outer to see? I'm curious.

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry guys, we just got a bunch of snow dumped on us and the GTI is locked up in the garage right now so it looks like I'm driving my jeep this weekend. I'll try to get some pics and answer the questions about how it works if the wire is disconnected later on.

In the meantime, the youtube video in my original post is exactly how the lights look. Very happy with them so far, especially for the price.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
curious to know also if this works without fishing the wire from the outer light to inner light.

zug

Passed Driver's Ed
I hate to hijack a thread but here I go. For anyone interested in sequential turn signals and wanting a higher quality product (Vland doesn't have the best reputation), I'll be making a group order soon to have my product manufactured. The only video I have at the moment is of an early prototype that honestly doesn't even look good relative to the final product. Just to give you an idea I'll post the link here anyway: https://youtu.be/ClOyZ1WOcVk

Installation can be done by making a small hole in the tail light and sliding this strip through, or I could install it for you (I could even bake open the housing and install it that way if you'd like).

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in the group buy. I'll have videos of the final product before I accept any payments.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
I hate to hijack a thread but here I go. For anyone interested in sequential turn signals and wanting a higher quality product (Vland doesn't have the best reputation), I'll be making a group order soon to have my product manufactured. The only video I have at the moment is of an early prototype that honestly doesn't even look good relative to the final product. Just to give you an idea I'll post the link here anyway: https://youtu.be/ClOyZ1WOcVk

Installation can be done by making a small hole in the tail light and sliding this strip through, or I could install it for you (I could even bake open the housing and install it that way if you'd like).

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in the group buy. I'll have videos of the final product before I accept any payments.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Been following the your progress in the other post. Please send me more details regarding timing, options and pricing. Thanks.

jhstl

Passed Driver's Ed
curious to know also if this works without fishing the wire from the outer light to inner light.

Ok, so I just unplugged the wire that runs from the outer light to the inner light on both sides and I can confirm that the sequential light will still work properly on the outer tail lights with no error codes. The sequential part of the turn signal for the inner light will obviously not light up then, but if you don't want to run the wire, I suppose that is an option. The rest of the inner light functions as expected.

sniper27

Go Kart Champion
Ok, so I just unplugged the wire that runs from the outer light to the inner light on both sides and I can confirm that the sequential light will still work properly on the outer tail lights with no error codes. The sequential part of the turn signal for the inner light will obviously not light up then, but if you don't want to run the wire, I suppose that is an option. The rest of the inner light functions as expected.

Awesome...that's good to hear. At least it's an option for ease of installation. So the reverse light still works as expected? Thanks!

kaahdoc

I just ordered these last week and installed them two days ago. I love the look, the harder part was running the wiring for the sequential turn signal, but I figured it out as I went along and the whole install took about 2-2.5 hrs.

This was the listing, I chose it since I am on the East Coast and the seller had them in NJ, although it now appears that they are out of stock and the item comes directly from overseas now, so the wait is a bit longer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-LED-Rear-Tail-Light-Brake-Lamp-Fit-For-Volkswagen-Golf-6-MK6-GTI-R-2010-2014/253781677023

I'll update this if anything occurs with the tails, but so far they are great! All I have to do is code in the rear fogs for this set once I go see my mechanic.

If you have any questions, or want to see any images let me know and I'd be happy to share.

audiohs

Passed Driver's Ed
I just ordered these last week and installed them two days ago. I love the look, the harder part was running the wiring for the sequential turn signal, but I figured it out as I went along and the whole install took about 2-2.5 hrs.

This was the listing, I chose it since I am on the East Coast and the seller had them in NJ, although it now appears that they are out of stock and the item comes directly from overseas now, so the wait is a bit longer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Set-LED-Rear-Tail-Light-Brake-Lamp-Fit-For-Volkswagen-Golf-6-MK6-GTI-R-2010-2014/253781677023

I'll update this if anything occurs with the tails, but so far they are great! All I have to do is code in the rear fogs for this set once I go see my mechanic.

If you have any questions, or want to see any images let me know and I'd be happy to share.
Did you remove the entire panel from the rear hatch to run the wires? Or were you able to fish the wire through with a coat hanger or something while prying back the panel a little bit? I hated removing that panel when I did the RVC so want to avoid doing it again.

How is the fit and finish of the lights compared to your OEM lights? I also don't have the rear fog light switch so I would re-wire it so that they are reverse lights like jhstl did above.