GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VLAND Tail lights

Richard TDI

Hey guys just wondering if these VLAND Tails are worth the money. Mostly concerned about fitment and whether or not the sequential turn signals actually work properly. Thanks guys.
Screenshot_20200726-181731_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I asked someone on here a while ago about them and they had nothing but positive things to say. Installation for the inner sequential signals is a huge pain but the rest is super easy. He said fitment and quality was really good. I’ll try to track down who told me and get them to chime in (y)

mynamesmauricio

I run these on my MK6 and I love them they're super bright and the fitment is good. The sequentials work but running the wire to make them work is the biggest pain in the ass. The installation took a solid 4 hours to finish because of all the interior panels you have to remove.

Last edited:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Anyone know how to code the tail lights to be on with DRLs not just with headlights?
I'm not positive, but I think you need a euro switch to do that. Which headlights do you have?

wlu

Passed Driver's Ed
I run these on my MK6 and I love them they're super bright and the fitment is good. The sequentials work but running the wire to make them work is the biggest pain in the ass. The installation took a solid 4 hours to finish because of all the interior panels you have to remove.

Do these have the rear fog light on one side and reverse on the other side? I don't really like that look and would rather have a white reverse light on both sides. A lot of the eBay listings that VLAND has shows a rear fog light so I wanted to make sure these are reverse on both sides before ordering.

SgtBatten

I think you need a euro switch to do that.
I have an AU spec car so i'm fairly certain the euro switch is standard. I have auto headlights.

Do these have the rear fog light on one side and reverse on the other side?

the supernova brand ones do by default so i assume these do too. supernova are about to sell or may already have started selling an additional wire which joins both sides together to give you dual fog and dual reverse. Mine is in the mail to me currently as a freebie.

wlu

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an AU spec car so i'm fairly certain the euro switch is standard. I have auto headlights.

the supernova brand ones do by default so i assume these do too. supernova are about to sell or may already have started selling an additional wire which joins both sides together to give you dual fog and dual reverse. Mine is in the mail to me currently as a freebie.

Ohh are the ones you're getting from Vland as well? Don't suppose you could ask your connection whether they already have them somewhere for sale do they?

I see these on Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/VLAND-2010-2013-Volkswagen-2012-2013-Sequential/dp/B084RTFMSS/ ) but nowhere do I see the "single rear fog light" so maybe it's these?

wlu

Passed Driver's Ed
No sorry mine are from Supernova Lighting. I did find this thread for you though that explains how to make it dual reverse lights in the third post by swapping two wires. https://golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/vland-sequential-led-tail-lights.311053/post-6470824

Thanks, I posted in that thread but I wonder how they got dual reverse lights just by swapping two wires. Doesn't the driver side still light up red? Unless they changed the bulb or something... if you have any more info let me know! Appreciate you posting the other thread for me.

mynamesmauricio

Do these have the rear fog light on one side and reverse on the other side? I don't really like that look and would rather have a white reverse light on both sides. A lot of the eBay listings that VLAND has shows a rear fog light so I wanted to make sure these are reverse on both sides before ordering.
Correct. Driver side is fog and passenger side is reverse light. The thread SgtBatten linked is the only info I know of making both reverse lights work on the vlands. I haven't tried their method yet of swapping the wires on the connector but if someone else can confirm that it works I'll give it a try.

Last edited:

SgtBatten

My guess is that the light has multiple coloured dies. Some red some white. The wire swap changed which die is triggered when you reverse or something like that.

wlu

Passed Driver's Ed
Correct. Driver side is fog and passenger side is reverse light. The thread SgtBatten linked is the only info I know of making both reverse lights work on the vlands. I haven't tried their method yet of swapping the wires on the connector but if someone else can confirm that it works I'll give it a try.
My guess is that the light has multiple coloured dies. Some red some white. The wire swap changed which die is triggered when you reverse or something like that.

Would love to see if this theory is correct. @mynamesmauricio if you'd be willing to test em out I'd love to know, and whether both lights turn on as white!

mynamesmauricio

Would love to see if this theory is correct. @mynamesmauricio if you'd be willing to test em out I'd love to know, and whether both lights turn on as white!
Can confirm that swapping the white and brown wire on the connector works. Super easy to do, it takes like 5 minutes and now I have both reverse lights functioning properly.