GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wait for mkvii?

pgrim

So I have an 08 GTI right now that I'm trying to sell. I'm currently deployed overseas and have an opportunity to order a brand new VW here and have it delivered for when I get home (prob july 2013).

I plan to purchase a Golf R. I was told by the gentleman that deals with military auto source that they will not allow you to order brand new 2013 Golf R's anymore.

So my question is, do I settle for a used or leftover 2013 Golf R (slim pickings I'd imagine) when I get home or wait out for a 2014 model? How do you find out a VW release cycle/trend? Everything seems to point to fall of 2013.

That puts me in a weird place, I can't order a brand new one to be built now and I'd have to wait till a year from now to get on the next production swing?

I've never purchased a new car before so forgive my ignorance.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You should wait for the new one...

McQueen77

Banned
^ yup. knowing all that i know now, i would have kept my stupid mazda 3 longer than i did and then gotten a slightly used Golf R since they are just rotting on dealer lots right now.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Like the others have said, there will still be R's on the lots when you get back, even if it's 8 or 9 months from now. That being said... I would still hold out for the MKVII GTI if you don't need AWD.

Macas1

The R series has usually run in cycles of every 4 years eg. 2004 R32, 2008 R32, 2012 R. The MKVII would be a nice car to possibly wait for but goodness only knows when they will release them in the US. I get the feeling it won't be until late 2014. There will definately be some new or very low mileage R's available when you return. I have the MKVI GTI and we just got my wife the R, four wheel drive is definately cool.

d4dawg

Ready to race!
The R series has usually run in cycles of every 4 years eg. 2004 R32, 2008 R32, 2012 R. The MKVII would be a nice car to possibly wait for but goodness only knows when they will release them in the US. I get the feeling it won't be until late 2014. There will definately be some new or very low mileage R's available when you return. I have the MKVI GTI and we just got my wife the R, four wheel drive is definately cool.

I would have kept the R for myself and let the wife have the GTI. :)

So it will be 2016 until we see the mk7 R?