GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water Methanol Injection

ataman

Ready to race!
I want to hear about this sale!

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Has anyone looked at the Devils own kit? That's the one I was thinking aboutusing. And I think it is cheaper than the snow kit. I was going to run it with the -21 windsheild washer fluid to help keep the valves clean since I dont want to spend $250+ on a catch can. But recent searches on the forums show that neither meth nor catch cans really prevent the carbon and sludge build up on the intake valves. I guess i'll just do manual cleanings!

I run the D.O. kit. It works awesomely.

I run the 100* tune, but recently dialed it back on a trip when the best I could get was 91. GAY!

Honestly, I need to data-log, because on my 100 tune, it didn't seem THAT much quicker than when I went "backwards" to the 93 tune.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get Vag-Com?

FasDarken

Ready to race!
We carry the whole line of Snow Performance products, so let me see if I can answer a few of your questions:

Would water meth make my car run like if it's 60 degrees all the time?
It will noticeably cool your ITA's, especially if sprayed before the intercooler.

Is water meth good in terms of bang-for-your-buck?
Yes, absolutely. Especially if you already have a higher octane tune that can adapt and add timing or a race gas file. In addition to the colder intake temps, you also get the benefits of higher octane. Higher octane allows you to add timing, resulting in more power. You can typically see gains of 15-25 hp, but it depends on the application.

Would I notice a different with water meth if I just used distilled water and continued running 93 Octane mode?
Yes, but not a good difference. Straight water will still cool the intake temps, but because Water/Meth kits are designed for Water and Meth, spraying just water will quench the flame front and the engine will bog and lose power.

What would I actually "gain" running it in 93 Octane if anything?
Cooler intake temps, and consistency in timing. Additionally Water/Meth aids in the prevention of carbon buildup on the intake valves. It would be a stretch to say it would actively clean the intake valves from previous deposits, but Water/Meth prevents additional build up, resulting in a cleaner engine.

Would running 100 Octane with pump 93 Octane and water meth all the time be bad for the car?
No, not once the controller has been properly tuned. Methanol has an octane rating of around 116. You should have no problem running a 100oct file.

Can you turn the system off when you do not want to use it ?
This depends on how you have it set up. You can have it run off the MAF and it will inject based on air flow, or run off the MAP and run off the Boost. You can set it to begin injecting at 5psi (or any psi). If you were to install a switch you would be able to turn the whole system off, but you'd have to make sure you weren't running a race gas file to keep things safe. The ECU would be able to adapt, but I wouldn't recommend it.

For the Mk6 we recommend the Stage 2 kit.
This kit features an optimized hardware package specifically for VW and Audi 2.0T FSI vehicles. The system utilizes a special controller that is designed to read the unique digital MAF sensor output signal. Utilizing your factory washer reservoir to hold the fluid for the system saves room and maximizes fluid capacity without giving up your windshield washer function. RAI exclusively offers the RAI Pump Bracket, the perfect solution for mounting the pump. The bracket is included in each kit, free of charge.

here are a few pictures of the kit on our project Mk6
the controller

let me know if you guys have any more questions.

i have a question....is there a difference between the kit for the MKVI and the MKIV??

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
I was told that I should get a throttle-body pipe before getting the water/methanol injection is it necessary? or would it make the install easier?

Thanks.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
I was told that I should get a throttle-body pipe before getting the water/methanol injection is it necessary? or would it make the install easier?

Thanks.

If you're talking about the one with the pre-drilled bung specifically meant for w/m injection, then yes, it's going to make the install that much easier. But, it's not necessary. The plastic OEM pipe that the piece you're talking about would replace just needs to be drilled, instead.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
I heard from a shop down here that water/meth can potentially rot the throttle body of the car. As soon as within the first 10k miles of having the water/meth if this is the case I don't know about ordering it. I don't want to have to replace my throttle body.

BigRobSA

Ready to race!
Um, I've never...EVER heard of that. And I've had W/M for >10k now, so.....

If you hook it up before the intercooler, after a LOT longer than 10k it MIGHT lead to some corrosion in the intercooler, which is why (even in Devil's Own's own manual) the manufacturers advise you to hook it up after the entire forced induction process.

Will@R.A.I.

Ready to race!
I highly, highly doubt you will run into any kind of corrosion in 10K. We have run W/M on a majority of our projects and builds and have never encountered any corrosion or issues with the throttle bodies over the years.

FasDarken

Ready to race!
I misread my V's and thus answered incorrectly. the hardware is different from the 1.8t's to the 2.0t's so yes. the kits are different.

do you know what hardware is different exactly? I would like to try and salvage some of this if possible.