GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water Methanol Injection

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
Ok so I am currently APR Stage 2 (3" Catless ATP Downpipe, S3 Intercooler, Carbonio Stage 1&2 Intake, Magnaflow Cat-back). And don't get me wrong its pretty quick, but here in Miami, FL it gets pretty HOT! The S3 Intercooler definitely helped with heat soak but my car still runs Soooo much harder when it is 60 degrees instead of 80 degrees. I've known about water meth for a long time now, but I still have a few questions(looking for answers from people that have it).
Would water meth make my car run like if it's 60 degrees all the time?
Is water meth good in terms of bang-for-your-buck?
Would I notice a different with water meth if I just used distilled water and continued running 93 Octane mode?
What would I actually "gain" running it in 93 Octane if anything?
Would running 100 Octane with pump 93 Octane and water meth all the time be bad for the car?

Thanks in advance.

ataman

Ready to race!
I am thinking about water/methanol injection my self, and have similar questions, hope someone with experience can answer these questions.

I also wonder,

Can you turn the system off when you do not want to use it ?

I am looking at snow performance models, which one is best for 2.0TSI?

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
subbed for info as well, considering the bsh set up

omes4life1

Ready to race!
Someone give us the info! Haha ive been on the edge about goin W/M injection for a while now.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Also pretty clueless about meth.

Would there be any power benefit if I was still running a 93 tune?

Huge Benefit... it's an octane booster. You'd be able to run the 100 octane map tune on 93 pump gas and see gains of about 20WHP.

Methanol injection also lower IATs better than most intercoolers can.

It's the def my next engine mod. I've done just about everything you can do on a stock turbo except a Catch Can and Meth Injection.

McQueen77

Banned

Attachments

• meth.addict.jpg
    meth.addict.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,226

ataman

Ready to race!
subbed for info as well, considering the bsh set up

BSH does sell snow performance products, i dont se their own product on their website...

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
BSH does sell snow performance products, i dont se their own product on their website...

they dont have their own product per se, but they combo the snow with a pipe that already has bungs for meth injection, a set-up i will most likely be buying once i have more info

DREKO

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone looked at the Devils own kit? That's the one I was thinking aboutusing. And I think it is cheaper than the snow kit. I was going to run it with the -21 windsheild washer fluid to help keep the valves clean since I dont want to spend $250+ on a catch can. But recent searches on the forums show that neither meth nor catch cans really prevent the carbon and sludge build up on the intake valves. I guess i'll just do manual cleanings!

Last edited:

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
im thinking about the aem kit

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
I have a buddy that love water Methanol. he was running 13s on a old caravan turbo. also run methanol on a VR6 GTI. Blew the VR6 ones due to it tho. you have to monitor it al all times.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
What about if I run Water(50)/Methanol(50) with 93 Octane Gas on the 93 Octane tune will it do anything? I heard someone say running water/meth with the normal tune makes your car slower ;(...
I would think it would help with cooling the engine and helping everything run better.

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
What about if I run Water(50)/Methanol(50) with 93 Octane Gas on the 93 Octane tune will it do anything? I heard someone say running water/meth with the normal tune makes your car slower ;(...
I would think it would help with cooling the engine and helping everything run better.

No it won't run slower.

One thing you MUST keep in mind when getting these kits is that you should datalog with vag-come so you can make sure you're injecting the right amount of water/meth. Not too little and not too much. Don't blindly toss on your water/meth kit and assume all is good.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
I'd probably run a 40meth/60dis.water mix and as for the vagcom id have to buy one of those ;P
The main questions I want answered are would I notice a difference running my car on 93 Octane and the 93 Octane tune while running the mix?
If the water/meth does fail would it mess up my engine even thought i'm running 93 Octane?