GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water Methanol Injection

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
I'd probably run a 40meth/60dis.water mix and as for the vagcom id have to buy one of those ;P
The main questions I want answered are would I notice a difference running my car on 93 Octane and the 93 Octane tune while running the mix?
If the water/meth does fail would it mess up my engine even thought i'm running 93 Octane?

You also need vag-com to know how much of your mix you should be spraying.

You may notice a small difference, pretty much would help run your 93 map optimally under hot conditions.

If it fails and you're running 93 map with 93 fuel then nothing bad will happen.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
One more question... Is it true that water/meth is like an itnercooler, but it uses chemicals and what not? I really just want my car to pull the same in 90degree weather as 50 degree weather... Is this possible or am I looking for too much?

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
One more question... Is it true that water/meth is like an itnercooler, but it uses chemicals and what not? I really just want my car to pull the same in 90degree weather as 50 degree weather... Is this possible or am I looking for too much?

yes, thats why its called "liquid cooling".....w/m isnt just for performace...it also helps with carbon build up on valves.....now running w/m he is right you need to run logs to make sure your not spray to much in....or if you cna spray alittle more.....BSH kit looks pretty legit...which is why im getting it...:thumbsup:

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've got a w/m setup as well to augment my Ko4 on GIAC's regular 91 oct pump to keep everything cool and safe when I drive it hard at a track day and it does seem a little faster.

I also use it running regular pump fuel on the 100 oct program and the car is a monster that way:)

The Snow setup is pretty cool and have it tapped into my windshield washer tank:)

Will@R.A.I.

Ready to race!
We carry the whole line of Snow Performance products, so let me see if I can answer a few of your questions:

Would water meth make my car run like if it's 60 degrees all the time?
It will noticeably cool your ITA's, especially if sprayed before the intercooler.

Is water meth good in terms of bang-for-your-buck?
Yes, absolutely. Especially if you already have a higher octane tune that can adapt and add timing or a race gas file. In addition to the colder intake temps, you also get the benefits of higher octane. Higher octane allows you to add timing, resulting in more power. You can typically see gains of 15-25 hp, but it depends on the application.

Would I notice a different with water meth if I just used distilled water and continued running 93 Octane mode?
Yes, but not a good difference. Straight water will still cool the intake temps, but because Water/Meth kits are designed for Water and Meth, spraying just water will quench the flame front and the engine will bog and lose power.

What would I actually "gain" running it in 93 Octane if anything?
Cooler intake temps, and consistency in timing. Additionally Water/Meth aids in the prevention of carbon buildup on the intake valves. It would be a stretch to say it would actively clean the intake valves from previous deposits, but Water/Meth prevents additional build up, resulting in a cleaner engine.

Would running 100 Octane with pump 93 Octane and water meth all the time be bad for the car?
No, not once the controller has been properly tuned. Methanol has an octane rating of around 116. You should have no problem running a 100oct file.

Can you turn the system off when you do not want to use it ?
This depends on how you have it set up. You can have it run off the MAF and it will inject based on air flow, or run off the MAP and run off the Boost. You can set it to begin injecting at 5psi (or any psi). If you were to install a switch you would be able to turn the whole system off, but you'd have to make sure you weren't running a race gas file to keep things safe. The ECU would be able to adapt, but I wouldn't recommend it.

For the Mk6 we recommend the Stage 2 kit.
This kit features an optimized hardware package specifically for VW and Audi 2.0T FSI vehicles. The system utilizes a special controller that is designed to read the unique digital MAF sensor output signal. Utilizing your factory washer reservoir to hold the fluid for the system saves room and maximizes fluid capacity without giving up your windshield washer function. RAI exclusively offers the RAI Pump Bracket, the perfect solution for mounting the pump. The bracket is included in each kit, free of charge.

here are a few pictures of the kit on our project Mk6
the controller

the RAI bracket

the washer reservoir tap

let me know if you guys have any more questions.

Halvie

WOOSA
Huge Benefit... it's an octane booster. You'd be able to run the 100 octane map tune on 93 pump gas and see gains of about 20WHP.

Methanol injection also lower IATs better than most intercoolers can.

It's the def my next engine mod. I've done just about everything you can do on a stock turbo except a Catch Can and Meth Injection.

I'll have to double check, but I thought Arin said it wasn't smart to run the stage 3 100 octane tune with just 93 and w/m. If I am wrong think I am going to do it soon. Should help the wait for stage 3+.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
I'll have to double check, but I thought Arin said it wasn't smart to run the stage 3 100 octane tune with just 93 and w/m. If I am wrong think I am going to do it soon. Should help the wait for stage 3+.

Nope your completely ok to run 100oct with 93 and w/m

Erwan1

Go Kart Champion
Nope your completely ok to run 100oct with 93 and w/m

Personally I wouldn't do this unless I had vag-com and I was datalogging to make sure timing wasn't being pulled like a mofo and knocking wasn't happening.

If it passes the vag-com test, then I would highly recommend water/meth over say an APR intercooler.

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
Wow thanks for responding to every question Will@R.A.I. Much appreciated. I will most likely be ordering my kit by next week and I'll post my reactions on the forum to let everyone know what I think.

Thanks again.

ataman

Ready to race!
Thanks a lot for the reply!

My major concern is convenience, that is why I asked if I can turn it off...

If the gas station does not have the correct windshield washer liquid, etc. I should be able to turn it off, change my ecu program and continue on without any issues.

Or turn it off when i am doing daily city driving where i barely reach 3000 rpm. And have it on for highway driving. etc... But you said, it sprays based on boost psi or maf reading so i guess that is nice.

ataman

Ready to race!
Yep. And stay tuned. We are about to run a killer sale on these kits.

Awesome news! :)

I am going to get for sure! Just need a shop who can install it, and tune it for me...

Last edited: