GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Watkins Glen / GTI 35th Ann'y Replicas

jball12

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

I started a new thread since the old one formed in the Canada section and I thought this would be easier for searching.

I ordered these from Power Wheels Pro last week. Order was placed on 2/13, they shipped from Michigan on 2/17, and arrived in Philly today 2/20. For those who haven't done business with PWP yet, they're very professional with great communication throughout. Wheels were $500 with $85 flat rate shipping. Wheels also came with VW centercaps and if necessary, they include hub rings as well.

Specs:
Wheel Size: 18x8
Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5-112mm
Wheel Offset: +45mm
CB: 57.1
Finish:Black Machined Face
Shipping: $85
PRICE/SET:$499

On to the pics:

Good packing

Griffen is scoping them out

Beautiful! The finish on this set is very similar to the stock Detroits. Gloss black inside, with a polished face. This isn't the finish that the OEM wheels have, but I'm planning to powdercoat them gloss black anyway.

No flash

Weight: 26.4 lbs according to the bathroom scale

Last edited:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Those look great!

Thanks for the pics and weights.

Can't wait til you mount them :)

emk6

Ready to race!
That is a very nice looking wheel. For the price you can't go wrong, just wish they were lighter.

resilientsoma

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for sharing. Looks good man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
That's a pretty damn good price! Not the lightest wheels, but still a couple of pounds lighter than Detroits, and I think they look better too. Those will look great on your TR car.

jball12

Ready to race!
Thanks guys, just looking for some powdercoating quotes now. Seems like it's around $300 for the set.

Mille170

Ready to race!
Looks great man, for sure going with these when I get wheels. Any idea if the hub rings are necessary, I remember from the last thread that there seemed to be confusion as to what bore these are.

jball12

Ready to race!
Looks great man, for sure going with these when I get wheels. Any idea if the hub rings are necessary, I remember from the last thread that there seemed to be confusion as to what bore these are.

Still TBD. I haven't done a test fit yet, but PWP said that the wheels are 57.1.

Golf Punk

Passed Driver's Ed
They look awesome, believe it or not thats what I was going to do to my OEM rims before painting them but I thought it would be too difficult/expensive. You going matte or gloss? Look forward to seeing the result!

jball12

Ready to race!
They look awesome, believe it or not thats what I was going to do to my OEM rims before painting them but I thought it would be too difficult/expensive. You going matte or gloss? Look forward to seeing the result!

Gloss, just like yours

finklejag

Ready to race!
I was looking at those wheels also. Do you have a picture of the center caps they supplied? Did you try to fit the oem ones?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Weight: 26.4 lbs according to the bathroom scale

Hhhmmm, this is concerning.

I started out thinking about these wheels from the same thread but after getting several quotes from local powder coaters at $300+ which is ridiculous, I switched to a different one that comes painted/coated already.

They told me both these wheels and the other ones I am considering were 23 pounds, yet yours weigh in at 26.......my Motegi's are 23.4 and I am not looking to add 12% more weight on each corner back on.......