GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Watkins Glen / GTI 35th Ann'y Replicas

A.Bursell

Ready to race!
Weight: 26.4 lbs according to the bathroom scale

Just for kicks-- I threw one of my OEM Watkins Glen wheels on a bathroom scale, and mine came up 23.6 lbs. I did measure several different times and always got the exact same number. I figured OEM vs. Rep would be close, maybe Rep designed lighter, not three pounds heavier!

Watkins Glen Weight by A.Bursell, on Flickr

Watkins Glen Wheel by A.Bursell, on Flickr

Adam

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Just for kicks-- I threw one of my OEM Watkins Glen wheels on a bathroom scale, and mine came up 23.6 lbs. I did measure several different times and always got the exact same number. I figured OEM vs. Rep would be close, maybe Rep designed lighter, not three pounds heavier!

Adam

Yeah, when I asked they stated it was 23 and was because they used the same/similar process as OEM.

Now, maybe the bathroom scale is not super calibrated especially at that low weight.....BUT, I know I weighed my stock Detroits (in the box) to get a shipping quote and I was less than 8oz off from the weight charged by FedEx.

Now I am back to square one, I already promised my Motegi's to my wife for her Jetta, LOL......

Mk6Saro

Ready to race!
very nice man, those wheels look awesome! thinking about getting these myself but would like to see how they hold up before going through with it.

inc55

Go Kart Champion
wow, great find man. I might have to sell my goals and make these reps my new "goal".

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait to see them on your car and get your impressions. Do they require hub rings?

zsno

Passed Driver's Ed
Interested to see how these live up to the price point! And to see them mounted!

jball12

Ready to race!
Can't wait to see them on your car and get your impressions. Do they require hub rings?

I'll get to confirming this soon. Was going to do it tonight, but just found out I have jury duty tomorrow...so I've got some work to catch up on tonight.

:(

jball12

Ready to race!
57.1 hubs confirmed. No need for rings.

Dropped off at powdercoaters today for gloss black. Won't have them back until 3/10, due to business travel.

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait to see those mounted! They look great.

On another note, I'm thinking these would look pretty sick on my CSG...Power wheels pro has some good prices!

YeahBuddy

Go Kart Champion
Im ordering Gunmetal Machine Face R8 Reps from them soon.
Until then... Just have to wait till tax returns.

The Owner is wicked chill, walked down to the warehouse and texted me a pic of the wheels from his iPhone.
Talk about customer service

Last edited:

Banshee1

Go Kart Champion
^ those are sick. and talk about customer service :lol: