GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weight reduction?

Treeinacan

Passed Driver's Ed
I have two questions, what can be done to reduce my 2013 gti weight. I used to own a honda and they really didn't weigh much and you could even reduce it further. What can be done to a gti?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Do a search there are a couple really good threads already on this. Try in the Autocross section as well.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Gut the car, really no one can answer this question but, you. How much are you willing to do without? I only drive in town so I took out my spare and jack but, I can't remove the rear seats since I normally have passengers.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
I have two questions, what can be done to reduce my 2013 gti weight. I used to own a honda and they really didn't weigh much and you could even reduce it further. What can be done to a gti?

When you plug weights and 1/4 mile speeds into the typical performance calculator, you'll find that the typical, easy to do "Weight reductions" aren't worth a hill of beans. If you really want to compromise your car you may notice some small gains. In the meantime, lay off the Big Macs..

http://www.torquecars.com/tools/quarter-mile-time.php

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
If I could get back to what I weighed 3 years ago, I'd save 40lbs :(

ina12K04gti

Ready to race!
Wheels, I saved nearly 40 lbs just in wheels. Brakes, another 26 lbs per side for the vwr kit. It has been said that for every 100 lbs off the car is like adding 20 HP.

marslee

Ready to race!
Actually, first of all, you can take out the spare tire, if you don't plan replace some light wheels.