GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird knock noise when moving slowly

flight1us

Ready to race!
First and foremost hope all are staying safe and well,

has anyone experienced getting road debris stuck in weird places under their GTi, recently ran over what looks to be the aftermath of a collision on the highway( had to pull to the side due to an ambulance passing) and i believe i may have picked something up while merging back on the highway , the knock sounds like it is coming from the wheel hub area currently on 18" Detroits.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
First and foremost hope all are staying safe and well,

has anyone experienced getting road debris stuck in weird places under their GTi, recently ran over what looks to be the aftermath of a collision on the highway( had to pull to the side due to an ambulance passing) and i believe i may have picked something up while merging back on the highway , the knock sounds like it is coming from the wheel hub area currently on 18" Detroits.
I have crossed some pretty wild creek beds and had a lot of river rocks in my subframe. I do not have underbelly pan

flight1us

Ready to race!
I have crossed some pretty wild creek beds and had a lot of river rocks in my subframe. I do not have underbelly pan

not running a belly pan either

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
not running a belly pan either
I assume you also got sick of having to pull it off every few weeks to work on it? LOL
Mine has been good for over a year now and likely going to install a top and then grab alum belly pan.
Have you got under the car yet. Easiest way to do it is park front wheel up on a curb so you have room to slide up under there and have a peek

flight1us

Ready to race!
I assume you also got sick of having to pull it off every few weeks to work on it? LOL
Mine has been good for over a year now and likely going to install a top and then grab alum belly pan.
Have you got under the car yet. Easiest way to do it is park front wheel up on a curb so you have room to slide up under there and have a peek

Never thought of it, will try when i get home from work.

flight1us

Ready to race!
i was gonna take the wheels off and see if maybe anything got stuck in between the wheel and rotor or behind.

Allchokedup

Autocross Champion
Have you driven in reverse? If something is wedged in there this might help it come loose
Edit: I'm not saying get on the freeway maybe a bit of reverse