GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Went from Revo to APR on K04

Status
Not open for further replies.

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
Just some feedback for the community. I am from L.A. but I have been leaving in Chile (South America) for a while.
My ride is a Octavia vRS 2012 TSI engine. I recently installed a K04 APR turbo with all supporting mods.
I previously was Revo stage 2 (cheaper) and went with there K04 file, here is where the disaster without warning started.
The car pulled hard and had random cels of misifires, I tried new coils and spark plugs. End result is that with VCDS I always had code P0172 System Too Rich at idle and almost died with code P130A Cylinde Disabling having a massive engine stroke.

Local Revo dealer is newbie and amateur, no quick answer no response. Called Revo US headquarters directly, tech support did not have a clue.

Final chapter: Once again GOAPR, went to local dealer to get a fully loaded ECU k04 to celebrate thanks giving discount.
The car pulls so much better, no CEL, EPC, strokes. What a difference!!!!!

Nice story bro for me!
:w00t:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
Would it really be hardware if all that was changed was the tune?

I am wondering what the actual issue was though, since there is a thread on vortex from a user having an ongoing battle with apr's software. but i think we all know that sometime borky things just happen.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Glad to hear everything is working out for you with APR. My friend had a similar issue with his Stage 2 GTI and after countless emails and phone calls he just said it wasn't worth his time and went to APR. He has had nothing but good things to say since then.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
Just some feedback for the community. I am from L.A. but I have been leaving in Chile (South America) for a while.
My ride is a Octavia vRS 2012 TSI engine. I recently installed a K04 APR turbo with all supporting mods.
I previously was Revo stage 2 (cheaper) and went with there K04 file, here is where the disaster without warning started.
The car pulled hard and had random cels of misifires, I tried new coils and spark plugs. End result is that with VCDS I always had code P0172 System Too Rich at idle and almost died with code P130A Cylinde Disabling having a massive engine stroke.

Local Revo dealer is newbie and amateur, no quick answer no response. Called Revo US headquarters directly, tech support did not have a clue.

Final chapter: Once again GOAPR, went to local dealer to get a fully loaded ECU k04 to celebrate thanks giving discount.
The car pulls so much better, no CEL, EPC, strokes. What a difference!!!!!

Nice story bro for me!
:w00t:

Just be fair to the revo guy... We're you at all patient when trying to get a hold of revo or was it like ... Oh shit can't get through to someone on the phone and I'm impatient so I'm not going to figure out what's wrong and just go apr??
Just to be fair it would be possible for you to say anything bad about these guys on an ion forum when it sounds like you may have not given them time to react ... I mean c'mon you're in South America .. The guy you dealt with over there was a noob and annoyed you and by then You didn't the real knowledgable revo guy the time of day to try and troubleshoot...

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
Called direct to Revo USA and spoke with Chris, it is fair I did not give him time to react, BUT the tune was a bad product, it simply did not work and gave me a huge headache. Discarded it was not hardware problem I pulled 1K APR trigger, you think my pocket was happy?
APR great local, regional and US support. Super professional service. I have 12 years of experience in VAG scene, built BT and K04 setups. Been Giac, Unitronic,Revo and APR, the trade-off of loosing my time on a bad tune trying to sort out problems instead of being with my family is to high for me that I am married with a todler, you know what, I am happy to pay APR 1000usd and proudly stick their badge on my trunk.

END of story

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

MKV727

Go Kart Champion
Called direct to Revo USA and spoke with Chris, it is fair I did not give him time to react, BUT the tune was a bad product, it simply did not work and gave me a huge headache. Discarded it was not hardware problem I pulled 1K APR trigger, you think my pocket was happy?
APR great local, regional and US support. Super professional service. I have 12 years of experience in VAG scene, built BT and K04 setups. Been Giac, Unitronic,Revo and APR, the trade-off of loosing my time on a bad tune trying to sort out problems instead of being with my family is to high for me that I am married with a todler, you know what, I am happy to pay APR 1000usd and proudly stick their badge on my trunk.

END of story

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

:thumbsup:

It seems Revo really needs to up their US support staff. I found this out the other day when I had a buddy come over and it took him quite some time to get somebody on the phone at Revo just to get access to his SPS+. Even after he got access the switcher put him in a file with crazy high timing and the car ran poorly and he had to go to the Revo dealer to get his car reflashesd.

This is something that won't happen once an APR customer, they employ a staff of excellent tech and sales support that are always able to answer the phone for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.