GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what are good options for LED tail lights?

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
since I got my car I've loved the look of the euro r tail lights. getting OEM parts online right now I find them for $1400+ and backordered 6 months out. what are good alternative options or know where I could find some used OEM?

torga

Autocross Champion
Used OEM lights for decent prices regularly get posted in the MK6 VW Drivers Group Classifieds. I still prefer the forum for info and just general hangin, but the classifieds of that FB group is way, way, way active. Def the place to hunt for deals.

miomiller

Ready to race!
I went the aftermarket route two years ago when my OEM ones showed noticeable water entry, notwithstanding removing them and sealing the seams with silicon. No complaints with the aftermarket ones.

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
Aftermarket Euro taillights are pretty decent now and dont suffer the same discoloration/melting issues that early reps did. If your open to it they are fairly available and can be found for under $300 on amazon/ebay.
Im open to options, they dont HAVE to be OEM but reliability and discoloration was my main concern with aftermarkets so that makes me feel a little more comfortable if I go that route.
I went the aftermarket route two years ago when my OEM ones showed noticeable water entry, notwithstanding removing them and sealing the seams with silicon. No complaints with the aftermarket ones.
what brand do you have?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Im open to options, they dont HAVE to be OEM but reliability and discoloration was my main concern with aftermarkets so that makes me feel a little more comfortable if I go that route.

what brand do you have?
I have DEPO branded ones that I ordered two years ago. VLAND and Helix are other options that people havent really had any issues with. Which happen to be the more available ones on the market.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I looked at the place where I originally purchased my Hella tails and they are no longer listed for sale. Interested in your opinion on the depos

Cclark6146

Go Kart Newbie
I just installed them this weekend, so far they fit and look nice, eventually Id like to remove the resistor boxes and program them. only real issue I had was on one of the inside pieces theres a black plastic piece that curls around the back side of the hatch, one of them was not lined up. its just hot glued on so I took it off and will reglue it when I get the refills for my glue gun.