GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Finally got my intake and secondary breather filters installed, took some finesse. Drove roughly 10 miles, I need to double check and make sure everything is on tight and sealed, sounds like I have a small leak, who knows. Car ran fine otherwise, butt dyno feels like an improvement.

I'll be doing a write-up of the light-weight pulley (which I 100% recommend) and the intake soon.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Arrived back in Ontario today after a month in BC for the holidays. Got home, and opened up my spare harness from Deautokey to find that instead of sending me the harness replacement, the sent me 2 entirely new HID bulbs with the harness glued! The install is much easier with the bulb glued to the harness, and took me about 5 minutes, light output is massively improved, and cutoff with the reflector is about the same as my stock halogens, with no readjustments necessary on my end. Will try to find time to get my city lights wired up this coming weekend, as I have a set of LED city lights in the mail waiting to be picked up!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Arrived back in Ontario today after a month in BC for the holidays. Got home, and opened up my spare harness from Deautokey to find that instead of sending me the harness replacement, the sent me 2 entirely new HID bulbs with the harness glued! The install is much easier with the bulb glued to the harness, and took me about 5 minutes, light output is massively improved, and cutoff with the reflector is about the same as my stock halogens, with no readjustments necessary on my end. Will try to find time to get my city lights wired up this coming weekend, as I have a set of LED city lights in the mail waiting to be picked up!
Welcome back Edwin,... now get back to the work!!! :laugh:

We should get togeather and compare the Deautokey with mine.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Welcome back Edwin,... now get back to the work!!! :laugh:

We should get togeather and compare the Deautokey with mine.

I'd be down for that haha, I did a ton a research into LED vs HID, so I'd love to see the results! If the HID give good results, I'll pass on the 2 spare bulbs + harnesses to you since you're so close by, I've got enough parts for a complete extra set!

Picked up the city lights today from the mail, and will start researching the DIY tonight, I've been running no DRLs for the last little while, and really want some lights on during the day for safety reasons, but don't like the stock DRLs compared to the city lights.

Side note, someone is selling an IE Powerlink dongle on the marketplace for $75, was thinking about picking one up, but I'm not sure if IE lets you order their Stage 1 tune standalone apart from the dongle. I'm still 6/7 months out in my budget before I should responsibly buy the tune, but any knowledge here?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I'd be down for that haha, I did a ton a research into LED vs HID, so I'd love to see the results! If the HID give good results, I'll pass on the 2 spare bulbs + harnesses to you since you're so close by, I've got enough parts for a complete extra set!

Picked up the city lights today from the mail, and will start researching the DIY tonight, I've been running no DRLs for the last little while, and really want some lights on during the day for safety reasons, but don't like the stock DRLs compared to the city light.
Side note, someone is selling an IE Powerlink dongle on the marketplace for $75, was thinking about picking one up, but I'm not sure if IE lets you order their Stage 1 tune standalone apart from the dongle. I'm still 6/7 months out in my budget before I should responsibly buy the tune, but any knowledge here?
I use the stock DRL, don't care what it looks like so long as it works.

I thought you went UM, if you decide to go IE you don't have to buy the IE dongle, you're welcome to use mine to load the IE Tune using my dongle and your Laptop,...no charge.

Last edited:

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
I use the stock DRL, don't care what it looks like so long as it works.

I thought you went UM, if you decide to go IE you don't have to buy the IE dongle, you're welcome to use mine to load the IE Tune using my dongle and your Laptop,...no charge.

No tune for me yet! I'll be waiting for the next IE sale and hopping on that. Hopefully a sale and good weather are coming soon! I'll definitely take you up on your offer to use the dongle, we can compare our headlights then at the same time :laugh:

Picked up a cheap auto dimming rearview mirror on eBay from a '99 A4, and have to figure out how to retrofit it onto my windshield. Drove my friend's IS250 with auto dimming rear and sideview mirrors, and it was one of the most comfortable drives I've ever had.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Left work and was slowly exiting my parking spot today when my RPM's started fluctuating for around 5-ish seconds.. It's happened once before and seems to be on cold starts, after that everything runs fine. No CEL yet, but any thoughts on what could be causing this? I'm reading throttle body or vacuum leak online, but would love some other opinions!

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Left work and was slowly exiting my parking spot today when my RPM's started fluctuating for around 5-ish seconds.. It's happened once before and seems to be on cold starts, after that everything runs fine. No CEL yet, but any thoughts on what could be causing this? I'm reading throttle body or vacuum leak online, but would love some other opinions!

Were you backing out? What intake are you running? I had that issue, and still due to a lesser extent, when I was running a very short intake. The rpm's would fluctuate when starting off especially when backing up. Lengthening the intake fixed my issue but if you are having this issue suddenly I would think there is a leak somewhere.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
Were you backing out? What intake are you running? I had that issue, and still due to a lesser extent, when I was running a very short intake. The rpm's would fluctuate when starting off especially when backing up. Lengthening the intake fixed my issue but if you are having this issue suddenly I would think there is a leak somewhere.

I was pulling forward, not backing out, but was riding the clutch to slowly inch out. My intake isn't super short, but I'd say a bit shorter than a P-Flo, Pics here. I'll take a look for a vacuum leak in the next few weeks if the symptoms arise again, otherwise I'll wait for a CEL to tell me what's up...

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Ya that's shorter than mine was but mine situation was made worse by the intake manifold. I don't think there is likely an issue you will see a CEL for. I think it is just one of the side effects of running a short ram intake. I would check the MAP sensor as well to see if it needs a cleaning.

KanyesChest

Ready to race!
I'll give the MAP sensor and throttle body a check this Friday after work to see how dirty it is, I'll update back if the issue comes back more frequently but hopefully that isn't the case! Appreciate the help Wascally!

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
...Picked up a cheap auto dimming rearview mirror on eBay from a '99 A4, and have to figure out how to retrofit it onto my windshield. Drove my friend's IS250 with auto dimming rear and sideview mirrors, and it was one of the most comfortable drives I've ever had.
You can find Rear View Mirror glue at Canadian Tire or Parts Source Stores.

I'm not a fan of Auto Dimming Mirrors, reminds me of an infamous ticket I got, made worst by the fact that the Cop was behind my BMW pi$$ing me off,... I couldn't recognize the car until it was too late. Then the bastard raped me in court.

Sounds like its trying to adapt remove and clean the throttle body throughly. Install new intake seals as well, when the engine is cold old intake seals will allow air to pass until they warm up. I woulda suggested that for WW's problem but it doesn't get cold enough where he lives to cool the steam off sh!t.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Just got home, hit black ice on the highway 401 towards Coburg tonight, bit of a pucker moment but was able to think and find just enough grip on the rough apron and escape untouched, alot of others didn't fair so well. I guess ice racing helps eh!

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Just got home, hit black ice on the highway 401 towards Coburg tonight, bit of a pucker moment but was able to think and find just enough grip on the rough apron and escape untouched, alot of others didn't fair so well. I guess ice racing helps eh!

Nice save. I guess you had your traction control on.:thumbsup: