GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I haven’t had a chance to put them in yet ... here’s the LINK.

I like that. I want that lower grill insert...wonder if there’s honeycomb plug and play for our bumper....could do some black wrap between the inserts in the middle, are they the same fog lights as ours?. I can’t run a spitter at my height. I’d lose it leaving or parking in my driveway(65 year old house - highish curb into driveway). I love my ride height and handling, but, I’m right on the line, especially in Ontario with winter, pot holes

Last edited:

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
I'm thinking about new lower front bumper grills in the picture, what do you think?

I'd recommend running an OEM GTI grille if you swap out to those lowers. I personally don't like the fog light grilles in honey comb (too much honeycomb), but love the center grille. I have a modified front bumper grille support (horizontal piece that the OEM Golf grille rests on) and modified grille tabs to fit the OEM GTI grille.

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
I'd recommend running an OEM GTI grille if you swap out to those lowers. I personally don't like the fog light grilles in honey comb (too much honeycomb), but love the center grille. I have a modified front bumper grille support (horizontal piece that the OEM Golf grille rests on) and modified grille tabs to fit the OEM GTI grille.

I see the symmetry in your grill(s )....it's a clean aesthetic flowing from the the upper grill down....and the I see what you mean about the visual break with the horizontal lines around the fogs.

Great photography as well in all of your posts sir! So many $100 dollar parts yelling at me to buy them now.....

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Got around to installing a new passenger fog light housing and LED 9006's as well. The fogs match the LED headlights and DRL's perfectly. Also - licence plate LED's....you've all seen it 1000 times before...here's 1 more:cool:

*The LED headlights aren't that washed out in person....pouring sleet and rain and low rez shots.

Attachments

• fog1_LI.jpg
    fog1_LI.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 124
  • licence1_LI.jpg
    licence1_LI.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 130

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
So I got tired of seeing my valve cover ?
Looks great dude...where'd ya find it...kijiji? I'm always looking for one to pop up...I know MLue(Mark) was looking for one to do a mold of for a carbon fibre application if I recall.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Got around to installing a new passenger fog light housing and LED 9006's as well. The fogs match the LED headlights and DRL's perfectly. Also - licence plate LED's....you've all seen it 1000 times before...here's 1 more:cool:

*The LED headlights aren't that washed out in person....pouring sleet and rain and low rez shots.
Nice lights, I got the cover from someone on Facebook mk6 mk5 groups. I remember Mark wanted to borrow one to try. I don't mind if he still wants to do it. ?

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Found another beetle cover for sale, in case anybodys interested, here is the information

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200306-122816.png
    Screenshot_20200306-122816.png
    806.8 KB · Views: 126

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Found another beetle cover for sale, in case anybodys interested, here is the information

I'd be down for sure....not a facebooker though..Guelph eh...will he ship if you don't mind asking?

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Started the IE Stage2 power kit install. Didn't have any problems with the manifold like I've read so much about. I was however not at all happy with the intake fitment. It's too tight and not really a serviceable design. Lots of binding to get things to set decent. I'm exploring other options now for the intake. I'll reuse the heat shield and fab up the rest myself.