GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Also if anyone knows a good place to get calipers and if I should go with new or remanufactured
Remanufactured for sure, prolly less than a $100 each with core. Since you are in Mississauga it makes sense to buy them in your area. I don't know any caliber shops in Mississauga but if you Google Midland Calipers it should populate a list of Caliper rebuilders in your area.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
The Sach Clutch kit arrive a few days ago but Andrew can't work on the car for a few weeks as he has a couple of engine jobs and I don't have a working garage for a month or two.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Put in a new air filter this morning, little changes count +1hp 😂

Attachments

• pt2020_11_14_11_57_19_mr1605373184069.jpg
    pt2020_11_14_11_57_19_mr1605373184069.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 128

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Remanufactured for sure, prolly less than a $100 each with core. Since you are in Mississauga it makes sense to buy them in your area. I don't know any caliber shops in Mississauga but if you Google Midland Calipers it should populate a list of Caliper rebuilders in your area.
Thanks for the info, I'm probably going to Midwest caliper and having mine rebuilt with a powder coat as well was quoted $850 ($79 for front, $109 for rear, $400 for powder coat)

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Waiting for my powerlink cable to come, ups lost it and they are trying to find it.

Did my front calipers, rotors, pads. And my rear rotors and pads. Installed the front myself, rear was done at dealership since I couldn't get the rear tires off.

put my winters on and now my speedo reads 130 at 120.... Very annoying.

Also swapped my low beams and interior lights with LEDs.

Next on my list is parking break line (apparently snapped), my rear calipers (rusted open, though still sorta works) and my rear suspension.

I'm at 287k km.

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Waiting for my powerlink cable to come, ups lost it and they are trying to find it.

Did my front calipers, rotors, pads. And my rear rotors and pads. Installed the front myself, rear was done at dealership since I couldn't get the rear tires off.

put my winters on and now my speedo reads 130 at 120.... Very annoying.

Also swapped my low beams and interior lights with LEDs.

Next on my list is parking break line (apparently snapped), my rear calipers (rusted open, though still sorta works) and my rear suspension.

I'm at 287k km.

I'm tuned! Feels great but I feel like it shifts before the real power hits, gonna grab the automatic transmission tune in the morning.

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow, ok, let me know how u like the auto transmission tune
Decided to hold on it for a bit since I'm not 100% sure how it would shift in the city and I prefer the shorter shift in the city and longer on the highway. So I'm deciding to just shift in triptronic mode when I want the longer shifts for now.

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Decided to hold on it for a bit since I'm not 100% sure how it would shift in the city and I prefer the shorter shift in the city and longer on the highway. So I'm deciding to just shift in triptronic mode when I want the longer shifts for now.
Change of mind lol, I did it, full stage 1. Shifts feel way smoother and crisper. Rpm now goes up to 6800 and has an interesting sound with the stock exhaust. Don't really have a place that I can just floor it though. Might take a ride up towards mono or rattlesnake point tonight.

Btw it only effects the manual and sport mode it seems, shifts are a bit longer in drive but still in that goldilocks zone of perfect length on city streets.