GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

usefulidiot

Go Kart Champion
Thanks. Yes, they are plug and play. I'm just a bit worry about have to do the coding for LED DRL. Can you pm me how much you paid to have them installed and coded?
pm sent sir!!

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Washed and debadged, and also got the auto transmission tune from IE over the weekend, only set it up 6800rpm since I only have the Stage 1 ecu tune.
PXL_20210321_213310391~2.jpg

Last edited:

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
Got my summers on and did an oil change. Also did a wheel alignment twice (long story). Gonna make an offer on someone who is selling a front bumper since mine still has a hole in it. Is $250cad good for used. You can find it on Kijiji (2010 VW GOLF BUMPER 250$ OBO NEED GONE).

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Hows the tune, do you like it?
I have to say I like it a lot 😎, it compliments the ecu stage 1 tune well for the automatic transmission. I felt like the car is pulling harder after the transmission tune. And it sounds so good when I rev to 6800rpm witj my custom exhaust setup.

dietpeachfresca

Passed Driver's Ed
Still settling in with my new-to-me 2013 2.5l. Last week I put in a new, bigger battery, the stock one was still in the car. Changed the air filters, swapped the plugs and coils. Just those few things and it feels like a new car. I had a feeling that I was burning a lot of gas when idle, so hopefully the plugs/coils will help that. I was hoping those 2 things would get her to start up quicker. Still takes a few turns for her to fire up. Put in some techron yesterday, maybe the injectors are in bad shape.

The engine cover vents to the air filter were filled with a ton of tiny rocks, so got that cleaned out, and cleaned up the engine bay when I was at it. Switched out those stupid tab style hose clamps. Hate those things.

I wasn't planning on doing the oil myself in this car, but I ended up buying oil/filters for 2 changes. Wanted to do that the past week, but weather has been crap whenever I have a chance to do it. Is the filter canister thing a 74mm 14 flute? Thats what I got, hopefully it fits.

Turned on the AC for the first time the other day, smelled like crap. Put in a new cabin filter, that didn't help. I think the P.O's used the recirculating AC too much and I got some mildew buildup. Unloaded a bunch of lysol into the vents outside, that made it smell nice, but the next day the smell was back. Not as bad, but still there, so I unloaded some more lysol. I saw a thread in here from a minute ago, about getting up into the evaporator through the cabin filter housing, and bombing the evaporator with cleaner. I might end up having to do that.

Next project is trying to get the windshield in better shape. Lots of fine scratches. Lots of different things online that supposedly work. I was thinking of trying glass stripper or claybar first. Also have to fix all the chips on the hood. I did the roof already. Not entirely happy with how it came out, but I got rid of the rust, and you cant tell it was repaired unless I pointed it out to you, so I guess that's good enough.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Installed my eds replica headlights, any recommendations for led h7 bulbs? I kinda don't wanna mess with HIDs. I want some thing easy to install.

Attachments

• PXL_20210412_184723185~2.jpg
    PXL_20210412_184723185~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Ok, so I got some led tail lights to match the front 🙂

Attachments

• PXL_20210427_225013458.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210427_225013458.MP.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 80

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
Installed VWR springs, B4 shocks and dogbone mount and insert.
20210503_084432_copy_1612x1209.jpg
Didn't get to install the rear swaybar as I lent the triple square required for the job to a friend to pull his intake manifold. I forgot what a pain doing the suspension is. But it rides great and sits at the perfect height for my liking. I wasn't expecting the reverse rake effect but it actually sits with half an inch positive rake in reality. Didn't realize the wheel wells are slightly different on the golf.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Installed VWR springs, B4 shocks and dogbone mount and insert. Didn't get to install the rear swaybar as I lent the triple square required for the job to a friend to pull his intake manifold. I forgot what a pain doing the suspension is. But it rides great and sits at the perfect height for my liking. I wasn't expecting the reverse rake effect but it actually sits with half an inch positive rake in reality. Didn't realize the wheel wells are slightly different on the golf.
(y) Looks great Chris, if you like it thats all that counts.

You got a white one eh, looks like my Son's Golf.(y)