GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

SliMbo2.5

Ready to race!
Installed a Spulen vacuum pump delete kit and a USP intake to get rid of that stupid engine cover. Also allowing access to the coils and plugs which I'll be doing sometime this week.
View attachment 218030
Finished up. Got the plugs and coil packs in.
20210702_154906.jpg

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
Installed the Unibrace UB today. Gotta love how clean the underside of our cars are here in California.
What improvements or changes have you noticed with that upgrade? I just changed my front and rear endlinks to Moog ones, (they are bigger than stocks) and changed the bushings on the rear sway bar. I definitely felt the car is more planted now.

Attachments

• IMG_20210708_115319.jpg
    IMG_20210708_115319.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 80

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
What improvements or changes have you noticed with that upgrade? I just changed my front and rear endlinks to Moog ones, (they are bigger than stocks) and changed the bushings on the rear sway bar. I definitely felt the car is more planted now.
I have the same endlinks. They seem pretty beefy. The ubrace definitly helped the car feel more solid. My main reason for going that route was I have a steep driveway and after adding the swaybars the car creaked like an old wooden ship coming and going from my driveway. The UB made a huge difference with that. There are some creaks still but nothing like it was. Otherwise it did seem to make a difference in handling and the car seems more solid on sharp curves but it's hard to tell if it's just my imagination. Plus with all that was just done the car handles like its on rails. I would recommend it if you can find one for a good price. I bought mine for $250 and it was in great shape. If you have the stock resonator then you will need the spacer kit. Mine barley fits even with the spacers and the resonator does hit on occassion on really bad bumps but nothing worth worrying about. I just hear a tap once in a while when I hit a really deep pothole.

v1nn1e

Go Kart Newbie
I have the same endlinks. They seem pretty beefy. The ubrace definitly helped the car feel more solid. My main reason for going that route was I have a steep driveway and after adding the swaybars the car creaked like an old wooden ship coming and going from my driveway. The UB made a huge difference with that. There are some creaks still but nothing like it was. Otherwise it did seem to make a difference in handling and the car seems more solid on sharp curves but it's hard to tell if it's just my imagination. Plus with all that was just done the car handles like its on rails. I would recommend it if you can find one for a good price. I bought mine for $250 and it was in great shape. If you have the stock resonator then you will need the spacer kit. Mine barley fits even with the spacers and the resonator does hit on occassion on really bad bumps but nothing worth worrying about. I just hear a tap once in a while when I hit a really deep pothole.
Will go for it if i find one for a good price 👌

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
New plugs and R8 coils today. Glad I did. The gaps on the old plugs were between 0.055" and 0.060". The electrodes looked really worn.

Next weekend I will finally get around to installing the tyrolsport brake stiffening kit.

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
I normally buy the cheapest end links that ECS carries but they are getting long in the tooth now, I'll order a set of the Moog end links to have on hand.
You guys are really fanatical about this Unibrace, we've track the Golf, dont really see a real need for it.

Theonlycam

Passed Driver's Ed
I might have to replace my alternator, turned the car on today put it in reverse and it just dies (red battery symbol). Turned the car off and back on on and no problem. Belts were done 4 years ago.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
I normally buy the cheapest end links that ECS carries but they are getting long in the tooth now, I'll order a set of the Moog end links to have on hand.
You guys are really fanatical about this Unibrace, we've track the Golf, dont really see a real need for it.
I got rid of the Unibrace after a month because the resonator hits on rough roads and it was driving me crazy. I sold it and bought the ultra racing brace instead. It's not necessary but I 3 wheel it going into driveways all the time due to the stiffer suspension and the interior creaks like crazy. The brace gets rid of the creaking.

Wascally Wabbit1

Drag Racing Champion
WW, how about some more info on this ceramic tint, I'd like to tint the Tiguan
The tint was expensive but worth it. Has made a huge improvement on the interior car temp on hot days. I work in chino, CA where it is often over 100 in the summer. If your not in a desert climate it may not be worth the extra cost for ceramic.

Last edited: